What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrH7qKs0mS4

Arizona audit wraps up and announces results: 99 more votes for Biden and 261 fewer for Donald.  :lol:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 24, 2021, 10:00:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrH7qKs0mS4

Arizona audit wraps up and announces results: 99 more votes for Biden and 261 fewer for Donald.  :lol:

Oh yeah. Afghanistan made me forget all about that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

I bet they are really glad now that they worked for Donald.

Razgovory

They learn to late that Trump expected them to fabricate votes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

QuoteOlympic gold medalist Klete Keller pleads guilty to 6 January riot felony

Keller wore his Team USA jacket when he entered the Capitol building where he shouted vulgarities at Democratic party leaders

Klete Keller, a former Olympic swimmer who won two gold medals for the United States, on Wednesday pleaded guilty to a felony charge related to his participation in the January riot at the Capitol by supporters of Donald Trump.

Keller admitted to obstructing an official proceeding, after prosecutors agreed to drop six other criminal charges they brought against him in February.

US district judge Richard Leon in the District of Columbia accepted Keller's guilty plea at a court hearing. Leon will sentence Keller at another hearing that has yet to be scheduled.

The charge has a recommended sentence of between 21 and 27 months in prison, but Leon is not bound by that range.

Keller is a five-times Olympic medalist who held off Australian great Ian Thorpe on the anchor leg of the 4x200m freestyle relay at the 2004 Athens Games to win gold for the United States.

More than 600 people have been charged with taking part in the 6 January violence, which followed a speech by Trump at a nearby rally repeating his false claims that his election loss to Democrat Joe Biden was the result of widespread fraud. Those claims have been rejected by multiple courts, state election officials and members of Trump's own administration.

Keller, a Colorado resident, wore a Team USA jacket when he entered the Capitol during the riot.

According to prosecutors, Keller was in the Capitol for nearly an hour, at one point yelling "Fuck Nancy Pelosi!" and "Fuck Chuck Schumer!" before others began pushing toward law enforcement officers.

Pelosi and Schumer are the Democratic party's congressional leaders.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

From ABC News

QuoteSenate report describes Trump, allies' efforts to use DOJ to subvert 2020 election
The report gives a comprehensive look at Trump's pressure campaign against DOJ.

A Senate committee report released Thursday detailed new instances where former President Donald Trump and his allies sought to use the Justice Department to over turn the 2020 election.

With new testimony from officials who served in the highest echelons of DOJ at the time, the report by Senate Judiciary Democrats offers the most comprehensive look to date at both new and previously reported details of Trump's maneuvering in advance of the Jan. 6 insurrection to manufacture doubts about his loss to Joe Biden.

In previously unreleased details from a Jan. 3 meeting in the Oval Office, Trump's dogged efforts to try to replace then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with a loyalist who vowed he would assist Trump in using the department to investigate the 2020 election was met with a stunning show of resistance.

"Trump opened the meeting by saying, 'One thing we know is you, Rosen, aren't going to do anything to overturn the election,'" Rosen testified.

The meeting stretched for approximately three hours, the report says, and Rosen and his top deputy at the time, Richard Donoghue, told the president that if he followed through with installing acting Associate Attorney General Jeffrey Clark, they and a wave of other top DOJ officials would resign en masse.

The officials in the meeting also debated a proposal by Clark to send a letter to state officials in Georgia, previously reported by ABC News, that urged officials in Georgia to investigate unfounded claims of fraud and perhaps overturn President Joe Biden's victory in the state.

That's when, according to Donoghue, White House counsel Pat Cipollone and his deputy, Patrick Philbin, made clear to Trump they would also resign if Clark were installed, with Cipollone describing the Georgia letter as a "murder-suicide pact" that would "damage anyone and anything that it touches."

It wasn't until near the end of the meeting that the president relented on his plans to install Clark and have him send the letter, Rosen and Donoghue both testified.

In a separate report released by the minority side of the committee, Republican senators repeatedly sought to highlight that Trump never actually went through with the various plans to force DOJ to involve itself in the election, saying Trump "listened to his advisors, including high-level DOJ officials and White House Counsel and followed their recommendations."

The Democrats' report additionally details efforts by Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., who led the effort objecting to counting the Pennsylvania's electoral votes following the Jan. 6 riot, to introduce Jeffrey Clark to Trump and his direct outreach to Rosen's deputy Donoghue about false allegations of voter fraud in his state.

The Senate committee's majority report recommends in several areas that the House Jan. 6 select committee use its powers to further investigate several other similar allegations of outside parties seeking to pressure DOJ get involved in the election, including a direct call to investigate more about Perry's alleged efforts. The report could help provide a roadmap to the Jan. 6 committee's ongoing probe, which has ramped up efforts in recent weeks to compel witnesses close to the president to detail their interactions with him leading up to the attempted insurrection.

Perry and his office did not immediately respond to an ABC News request for comment.

Transcripts from the committee's interviews with both Rosen and Donoghue reveal their clear discomfort with Trump and his allies' repeated outreach to them to investigate false claims of election fraud, as well as their confusion over Clark's behind-the-scenes efforts to have the Justice Department intervene in the election on Trump's behalf.

Neither Rosen nor his chief of staff responded to an ABC News request for comment.

As ABC News previously reported, the committee received emails in which Clark not only sought to send a draft of a letter to Georgia that would raise baseless claims of election fraud and urge them to delay certification of Joe Biden's victory, but he raised strange conspiracy theories about election machines being hacked through thermostats that could somehow connect the voting systems to the Internet.

"I was confused, as in, what's going on with Jeff Clark?" Rosen told the committee.

As a result of their report Thursday, Senate Democrats said they sent a formal referral to the D.C. Bar's Office of Disciplinary Counsel to evaluate Clark's conduct. Clark, who has denied all wrongdoing in previous statements addressing his post-election actions, remains under investigation by the DOJ inspector general's office.

Thermostats?   :huh:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

When everything is controlled by connected machines, I suppose it's possible.

Savonarola

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 07, 2021, 03:06:15 PM
When everything is controlled by connected machines, I suppose it's possible.

In Georgia a lax cybersecurity team left a physical connection between the central heating system and the super secure voting server.  Haxxors easily haxxed into the buildings thermostats and quickly built a connection to the voting server.  They then brought the contents of the server onto the interwebs and manipulated them to ensure a Biden victory for their own nefarious purpose.  Georgia Law Enforcement, The Department of Justice and all other government agencies are unaware that the breach has occurred.  Only idealistic, young lawyer, Jeff Clark, realizes the truth - but in order to expose the villains he must become the machine.  This summer be sure to catch John Grisham's "The Neuromancer Brief."

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

DGuller

I remember reading about Dutch spies observing Russian spies at work by hacking into something that sounded benign.  After that story I wouldn't be surprised about any of the nodes involved in the hacking chain.  I have become a little paranoid, however.  :(