News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 22, 2020, 12:59:15 PM
Wishful thinking is a powerful force. I've seen prank videos where an attractive woman offers strangers sex and sometimes they buy it (the con, not the sex).
Yes, I recall videos where there was an experiment both ways.  Unsurprisingly, there were very few women willing to to say yes on the spot to a random request for sex from a guy, but a big percentage of guys appeared to go along with the request from a woman.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 22, 2020, 12:59:15 PM
Wishful thinking is a powerful force. I've seen prank videos where an attractive woman offers strangers sex and sometimes they buy it (the con, not the sex).

Sure there are always going to be the gullible.

But that was not DGuller's claim.  His claim was that "most non-paranoid potential targets would fall into [the trap]".  So the other way around, not just the gullible but that most would think a young attractive woman many decades younger than them wants to immediately have sex with them.  It is either a very dim view of men or he is telling us about how he would react and assuming others would react the same way.

DGuller

I have to say, you're really giving me the creeps.  I don't know what I did to you that made you gun for me, but I've been feeling very stalked for a while.  If that was your intention, then congrats on your victory, and please find some other project to occupy your time with.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2020, 02:29:35 PM
I have to say, you're really giving me the creeps.  I don't know what I did to you that made you gun for me, but I've been feeling very stalked for a while.  If that was your intention, then congrats on your victory, and please find some other project to occupy your time with.

I am not gunning for you.  I have a bit of time to read Languish today, and that was a pretty stupid thing to say.  So I commented on it.

garbon

It has been a while since I saw an accusation of stalking.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2020, 10:31:02 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2020, 10:18:01 AM
So basically SBC set a trap that was innocent enough and that most non-paranoid potential targets would fall into.

Okay so I don't follow the ins and outs of Rudy Giuliani's love life, but google is a thing.  It says Giuliani has been married three times, and currently has a girlfriend.  He's been with this girlfriend at least as long as when he divorced his last wife in 2019.

I'd like to think that most men in a relationship would not immediately fall into bed with the first attractive journalist who bats their eyes at them.

But then again most men don't have the morals of Rudy Giuliani.
Wikipedia says he describes his relationship with that woman as platonic friendship.

In any case, that's between him and his girlfriend, if they are a formal couple.

For all we know, it could be an open relationship on both sides.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

alfred russel

Guiliani is a thrice divorced dude. Regardless of the status of his current non-marital relationship, I'd bet on the majority of thrice divorced dudes falling for this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2020, 12:40:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2020, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2020, 12:28:23 PM
Ok, you are generalizing from a guy who was targeted presumably because he was identified to being susceptible.  Isnt there some kind of sampling error bias concept that comes to mind?
I'm not generalizing from a single example, I'm stating an example.  And you're presuming things.

You think most men are not able have better judgment than to think they are about to have sex with someone many decades younger than them.  You live in a fantasy world.
I just met a young woman on an online dating FB page for metalheads.  Too young and too far for my tastes, but she's the real deal, she's half my age (literally), we like the same music, she ain't single but I get the distinct impression she's looking for an excuse to ditch her current boyfriend.  She said flat out she always fantasized about making out with an older man in his 40s.  Not  the first time I see
a younger woman interested in older men either.
Are they common?  Nope.  Do they exists?  Yes. I am tempted to push the sex talk beyond the offhand comments to see if there's more than talk?  Well, there's a pandemic going on...
Again, I don't see what the big deal is with Guiliani and SBC.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2020, 08:11:06 AM
I am feeling a little uneasy about this stunt, though.  How is this different from honeytrapping, a tried and true KGB tradition?  Something similar was set up 10 years ago or so in Russia, where a single woman seduced multiple opposition figures, including Victor Shenderovich, who's Russia's closest equivalent to Jon Stewart.  No one busted in to stop the consummation, though, so there were plenty of opposition penises for everyone to look at.
I suppose one difference is that the honeytrap wants the compromising footage so, as you say, no-one stops it. Also the purpose of the honeytrap is to blackmail someone, so they deliberately avoid releasing the footage at the end of it.

This or any other candid camera style footage normally intervenes or reveals that it's fake once they've got the embarrassing footage. And, of course, the entire purpose is to release the footage to the public.

I mean what's the difference between honeytrapping and investigative journalism with a secret cam filming someone taking a bribe/buying drugs/whatever else? I think the purpose is probably the most important difference.

Flipside is - does this look like Giuliani could fall for a honeytrap on one of his business trips to Kyiv? Yes.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 22, 2020, 04:33:39 PM
Flipside is - does this look like Giuliani could fall for a honeytrap on one of his business trips to Kyiv? Yes.
Honeytraps don't necessarily try to blackmail, the Russian ones ten years ago went straight to Internet with the intention to mock and embarrass, and given the surprised reaction of those caught up in it, no one tried to blackmail them beforehand. 

But this angle, that's actually a very interesting one.   :hmm:  I can definitely see Trump and many in his entourage being dumb enough to fuck prostitutes while on a trip to Soviet Union, not knowing how much interest there would be to catch them on tape, just in case they could wind up useful later.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on October 22, 2020, 04:26:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2020, 12:40:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2020, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2020, 12:28:23 PM
Ok, you are generalizing from a guy who was targeted presumably because he was identified to being susceptible.  Isnt there some kind of sampling error bias concept that comes to mind?
I'm not generalizing from a single example, I'm stating an example.  And you're presuming things.

You think most men are not able have better judgment than to think they are about to have sex with someone many decades younger than them.  You live in a fantasy world.
I just met a young woman on an online dating FB page for metalheads.  Too young and too far for my tastes, but she's the real deal, she's half my age (literally), we like the same music, she ain't single but I get the distinct impression she's looking for an excuse to ditch her current boyfriend.  She said flat out she always fantasized about making out with an older man in his 40s.  Not  the first time I see
a younger woman interested in older men either.
Are they common?  Nope.  Do they exists?  Yes. I am tempted to push the sex talk beyond the offhand comments to see if there's more than talk?  Well, there's a pandemic going on...
Again, I don't see what the big deal is with Guiliani and SBC.

A man in his forties isnt that much older (and from my perspective isnt old at all  :P) - certainly a lot more likely than a geriatric like Giuliani thinking the same thing.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2020, 02:29:35 PM

CC is the one gives you creeps?  I hacked your email and bought your personal data from a data miner.  Sometimes i don't even know why I try.  I never get recognition.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

There's apparently something weird going on with Mitch McConnell's hands.

QuoteMitch McConnell's Hand Is Discolored But He Swears Nothing Is Wrong
Viral photos show McConnell picking up a face mask, revealing his right hand to be much darker than the rest of his body, as well as a bandaged thumb.

Mitch McConnell, the 78-year-old Senate Majority Leader currently running for reelection, is denying any health issues despite photos showing his hand bandaged and severely discolored.

On Wednesday, photos went viral of McConnell bending down to pick up a dropped face mask on Capitol Hill the day prior, revealing his right hand to be much darker than the rest of his body and that his thumb is bandaged.

McConnell's office did not respond to numerous requests for comment from BuzzFeed News about the health of the top Senate Republican, who is up for reelection in Kentucky in just under two weeks.

However, when asked by a reporter on Thursday about his health and the concerning photos of his hand, McConnell denied there was an issue.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi