What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on May 19, 2020, 09:30:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2020, 09:23:26 AM
I believe Schumer pointed out that because he lies so casually that could be a lie too, but one with deadly consequences if people try to follow the president's example.

Yeah I am pretty sure it was a lie, I mean who the fuck would be taking malaria medication like candy. But that just makes it worse.

I'm not sure our president is a stranger to gratuitous drug use.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 09:16:27 AM
I saw it, it is just that kind of idiocy from the President is so par for the course that I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

What a fucking clown.

That was exactly my reasoning for also not bothering to post about it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on May 19, 2020, 09:30:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2020, 09:23:26 AM
I believe Schumer pointed out that because he lies so casually that could be a lie too, but one with deadly consequences if people try to follow the president's example.

Yeah I am pretty sure it was a lie, I mean who the fuck would be taking malaria medication like candy. But that just makes it worse.

Because Trump will surely act responsibly and not actually use his own snake oil, right?  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2020, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 16, 2020, 07:00:36 PM
It's nuts that it's legal, but that hardly makes them terrorists.

Yeah.  The law is nuts to give them the power to intimidate, but intimidation isn't terrorism, except to the pathologically easy to terrorize.

Awfully close to the line when weapons are being carried to a demonstration on the steps of government.

Syt

QuoteTRUMP: "We're going after Virginia, with your crazy governor, we're going after Virginia. They want to take your Second Amendment away. You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Video: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1262778194643607553
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I thought if you thought a law was violating the Bill of Rights you sue in court and get the law overturned not send the executive branch out to undermine the state government :hmm:

But hey I am no constitutional scholar.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2020, 12:34:55 PM
QuoteTRUMP: "We're going after Virginia, with your crazy governor, we're going after Virginia. They want to take your Second Amendment away. You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Video: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1262778194643607553

He's right, my potatoes are completely unguarded. Just sitting there in the kitchen, not a gun in sight. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

I always feel that he seems to openly hold his voters in contempt. It's one of the weirder thing's about Trump's base.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2020, 01:21:24 PM
I always feel that he seems to openly hold his voters in contempt. It's one of the weirder thing's about Trump's base.

I think Howard Stern summed it up well:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/05/howard-stern-claims-donald-trump-despises-his-own-supporters.html

QuoteSince his return to his SiriusXM show, Howard Stern has made it a point to go after President Donald Trump and his supporters.

On Tuesday's episode, Stern said he has as much disdain for Trump supporters as the president does. Sterns suggest that Trump doesn't like regular people who voted for him and only cares about celebrities.

"The oddity in all of this is the people Trump despises most, love him the most," said Stern. "The people who are voting for Trump for the most part...He'd be disgusted by them. Go to Mar-a-Lago. See if there's any people who look like you. I'm talking to you in the audience. The Trump voter who idolizes the guy, he despises you. Despises you!"

Trump has been a guest on Stern's show in the past, which Stern is quick to point out. Stern even said that if Trump were to quit the presidency, the radio host would be friends with him again.

"I do think it would be extremely patriotic of Donald to say 'I'm in over my head and I don't want to be president anymore,'" Stern said. "It'd be so patriotic that I'd hug him and then I'd go back to Mar-a-Lago and have a meal with him and feel good about him because it would be such an easy thing to do."

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2020, 07:14:05 AM
How about Pelosi calling Trump fat?

You all know that I really can't stand that asshole and wish him to the depths of hell, but...

.. that's so not cool, Nancy. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2020, 09:23:28 PM
Hey at least none of my teams left for greener pastures in Oklahoma.

You better hope you never see Katmai in person.  He remembers things like this.

:D

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2020, 05:34:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2020, 09:23:28 PM
Hey at least none of my teams left for greener pastures in Oklahoma.

You better hope you never see Katmai in person.  He remembers things like this.

:D

He keeps promising to visit but never does so I think I am safe  :ph34r:

Though I was thinking after I wrote that that it would actually be kind of wild if the Redskins moved to Oklahoma surrounded by some of the biggest Indian Reservations in the country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

State of Nevada "thinks" that they can send out illegal vote by mail ballots, creating a great Voter Fraud scenario for the State and the U.S. They can't! If they do, "I think" I can hold up funds to the State. Sorry, but you must not cheat in elections

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

Some wacko in China just released a statement blaming everybody other than China for the Virus which has now killed hundreds of thousands of people. Please explain to this dope that it was the "incompetence of China", and nothing else, that did this mass Worldwide killing!
—Stephen Jay Gould