Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2020, 10:49:51 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2020, 10:13:16 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
OIL (ENERGY) IS BACK!!!!

:unsure:

Price of oil jumped today.

So it is not so much back as more expensive to buy for consumers.

Plus: This is good for me personally and the State of Texas.

Bad: This is good for Russia and Saudi Arabia and other scum.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2020, 02:08:13 PM
How's it good for you personally?

Texas gets most of its budget from oil taxes and sales taxes. More oil sales means more state revenue which means I am less likely to lose my job.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 18, 2020, 01:25:00 PM
Mid 30s isn't so bad a price for consumers, but if this heralds a bull run, it might not end up so great.

Yeah, and we lost that battle.  Twice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

You can't fat shame someone who has no shame. Lord knows I've tried. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Did we miss talking about this?

Coronavirus: Trump says he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for a 'few weeks'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-vaccine-medicine-a9521151.html

Ladies and Gentlemen, the leader of the Free World!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

I saw it, it is just that kind of idiocy from the President is so par for the course that I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

What a fucking clown.

Sheilbh

I mean it has a higher risk of death and he is in at least a couple of higher risk categories :mellow: :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2020, 09:20:29 AM
I mean it has a higher risk of death and he is in at least a couple of higher risk categories :mellow: :blink:

Yes, that's what I was referencing in what Pelosi said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I believe Schumer pointed out that because he lies so casually that could be a lie too, but one with deadly consequences if people try to follow the president's example.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2020, 09:23:26 AM
I believe Schumer pointed out that because he lies so casually that could be a lie too, but one with deadly consequences if people try to follow the president's example.

Yeah I am pretty sure it was a lie, I mean who the fuck would be taking malaria medication like candy. But that just makes it worse.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy