News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

You know there's a number of countries I probably couldn't identify on a map, but Ukraine?  It's the largest country located entirely within Europe!  If you show people a blank map of the US states there's a lot of places someone might have trouble with, but I'm pretty sure everyone can ID Texas.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2020, 02:11:42 PM
You know there's a number of countries I probably couldn't identify on a map, but Ukraine?  It's the largest country located entirely within Europe!  If you show people a blank map of the US states there's a lot of places someone might have trouble with, but I'm pretty sure everyone can ID AlaskaTexas.

Fixed.  :sleep:

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2020, 02:11:42 PM
You know there's a number of countries I probably couldn't identify on a map, but Ukraine?  It's the largest country located entirely within Europe!  If you show people a blank map of the US states there's a lot of places someone might have trouble with, but I'm pretty sure everyone can ID Texas.

I'm a little embarrassed by the fact that while I am pretty good at Geography, I learned most of playing computer games.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Europa Universalis played a big role in teaching me where Punjab, Goa, and Assam were -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

The last two posts are kind of sad, but I think more a poor reflection on the education systems in Missouri and Texas than on Raz and Valmy.  I mean, heck, I went to school in West Virginia and I learned that stuff in grade school.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on January 29, 2020, 03:33:50 PM
The last two posts are kind of sad, but I think more a poor reflection on the education systems in Missouri and Texas than on Raz and Valmy.  I mean, heck, I went to school in West Virginia and I learned that stuff in grade school.

It is true. I was never even taught where Hyderabad was in our backwards educational system :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on January 29, 2020, 03:36:06 PM
Quote from: dps on January 29, 2020, 03:33:50 PM

It is true. I was never even taught where Hyderabad was in our backwards educational system :weep:

You learnt that Hydra is bad?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on January 29, 2020, 03:37:48 PM
You learnt that Hydra is bad?

No but I did learn that Cobra was bad. Sometimes we could bring GI Joe toys on Fridays.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

There's nothing wrong with continuing to learn outside of school.

DGuller

Quote from: Maximus on January 29, 2020, 04:19:01 PM
There's nothing wrong with continuing to learn outside of school.
And there is nothing useful in memorizing factoids in school.

The Brain

Accountants: too kool for skool since like forever.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

So what does it feel like to live in a banana republic?

Valmy

Quote from: Hamilcar on January 31, 2020, 11:21:49 AM

You get used to it.

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2020, 11:25:43 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on January 31, 2020, 11:21:49 AM

You get used to it.

Yeah, I live in a famously corrupt and inept city in a famously corrupt and inept state, so adding a famously corrupt and inept federal government on top is kinda lagniappe at this point.