What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

No kidding. It's not impossible you could successfully emigrate, but an asylum approval seems far-fetched.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

merithyn

Oh for heaven's sake, guys. I'm joking.  :rolleyes:

Besides, my grandmother moved to the states from Germany. If I really wanted to move somewhere legally with ease, I have that as an out. Or buy a bit of land in Spain.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

I am so glad I live in a foreign country already.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 03, 2019, 04:33:03 PM
A not insignificant number of Americans have tried this over the years.  The large majority of their refugee claims are denied.
A not insignificant number of Americans have not lived through a Trump's second mandate :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on September 03, 2019, 05:40:34 PM
Oh for heaven's sake, guys. I'm joking.  :rolleyes:

Besides, my grandmother moved to the states from Germany. If I really wanted to move somewhere legally with ease, I have that as an out. Or buy a bit of land in Spain.
but you need to learn German or Spanish for that.

Where as if you move to rural Alberta, it will feel like a progressive version of Alabama and you don't even need to learn another language! :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Legbiter

I have to finish the day early because apparently Mike Pence is here in Iceland. Sad! :mad:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Trump apparently alters a NOAA hurricane projection map with a sharpie in order to justify his twitter claim that it might have struck Alabama. :lol:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/why-does-trump-s-hurricane-map-look-different-others-n1049711
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

He's sounds and acts like a six year old kid.  :(

Quote"They made a big deal about this when in fact, under certain original scenarios, it was in fact correct that Alabama could have received some 'hurt,'" he added. "Always good to be prepared! But the Fake News is only interested in demeaning and belittling. Didn't play my whole sentence or statement. Bad people!"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

He's like the kid in science class that didn't do shit for his presentation so is totally making it up with whatever he can find with a quick Google search, a printer, and a sharpie.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

frunk

Quote from: Malthus on September 04, 2019, 03:17:06 PM
He's sounds and acts like a six year old kid.  :(

My 5 year old is smart enough to not try something this stupid.

Barrister

I mean - no one should really care that he mentioned Alabama.  So he misheard or misremembered - it happens!  If he would have laughed it off like "covfefe" it's no big deal.  He could have said "well thank God I was wrong about Alabama - but keep our minds on the others"  But he has to keep doubling down on the most inane shit imaginable.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2019, 03:29:00 PM
I mean - no one should really care that he mentioned Alabama.  So he misheard or misremembered - it happens!  If he would have laughed it off like "covfefe" it's no big deal.  He could have said "well thank God I was wrong about Alabama - but keep our minds on the others"  But he has to keep doubling down on the most inane shit imaginable.

It's the worst case of "right man" syndrome I've ever seen. He simply cannot ever be 'wrong' about anything, even the weather. To say he's wrong about some detail is to attack his self-esteem and invite retaliation.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

We will all try to stay serene and calm
When Alabama uses its bomb

On Hurricane Dorian
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Seth Meyers had a funny clip collection. Trump said something about no one ever seeing a category 5 hurricane before. He then showed clips of a number of times he said the same about the previous three category 5 hurricanes during his presidency.   :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.