What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 26, 2019, 04:01:06 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2019, 04:02:44 PM
So he can request talks with Iran that the Iranians ignore?
You might want to reconsider your view on this.  He tweeted that he was open to it amidst a whole bunch of shit talking and then contradictory statements from Bolton and Pompeo.  Both of whom would looooove to see a war with Iran occur.  Trump may want to talk to them.  Maybe.  Depending on who he has talked to last.  He may legitimately want to avoid war.  I actually think he personally does.  However, his random actions, random words, and most importantly the consistent actions and words of those he has appointed, condoned, and not condemned speak much louder than an occasional inconsistent tweet.

Read Raz's post again.  You could not be missing his point more thoroughly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 26, 2019, 04:01:06 AMHe tweeted that he was open to it amidst a whole bunch of shit talking and then contradictory statements from Bolton and Pompeo.  Both of whom would looooove to see a war with Iran occur.  Trump may want to talk to them.

Talleyrand's quip about the Bourbons seems to apply very well to them. The last few regime change wars haven't exactly gone well. It's like these morons can't conceive of any second or third order effects. They have no skin in the game.

At least when the Romans went to war with the Parthians the Emperors frequently led the armies in person and had to risk being killed, captured and/or turned into a human footstool. Now John Bolton can flit between government and the private sector, never paying any price, quite the opposite in fact.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48797485

G20 summit: Trump jokes to Putin about Russian election meddling

28 June 2019 

US President Donald Trump has appeared to make light of Russian election interference during a meeting with the country's leader, Vladimir Putin.

A smirking Mr Trump wagged his finger at the Russian president and said: "Don't meddle in the election, please."

The pair were holding talks on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Japan.

Mr Putin smiled as the US president delivered his light-hearted reprimand on election interference.

But he was reserved ahead of the G20 talks with his American counterpart, only commenting that the pair had "things to discuss".

However, in a wide-ranging interview with the Financial Times, published on Friday, he offered his thoughts on both global and domestic politics.

He said liberalism was "obsolete", and praised the rise of populism both in Europe and the US. He also described Mr Trump as a "talented person" who knew how to relate to voters.

"It's a great honour to be with President Putin," Mr Trump said at the outset of the talks on Friday. "We have a very, very good relationship."

On Wednesday, in comments made outside the White House, he refused to disclose what he was planning to discuss with the Russian leader. "What I say to him is none of your business," he told reporters, bluntly.

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on June 28, 2019, 08:47:54 AM
On Wednesday, in comments made outside the White House, he refused to disclose what he was planning to discuss with the Russian leader. "What I say to him is none of your business," he told reporters, bluntly.

IMPEACH
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 28, 2019, 10:06:46 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 28, 2019, 08:47:54 AM

IMPEACH

We'll just have to reply on what the Russians said happened:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g20-summit-trump-putin-kremlin-talks/kremlin-says-trump-showed-readiness-to-start-dialogue-on-stability-disarmament-idUSKCN1TT2D7?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+%28Reuters+World+News%29

Kremlin says Trump showed readiness to start dialogue on stability, disarmament

U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin hold a bilateral meeting at the G20 leaders summit in Osaka, Japan, June 28. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

MOSCOW (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has shown readiness to start a dialogue with Russia on strategic stability and disarmament, and to improve trade relations, the Kremlin's spokesman said on Friday, Russian news agencies reported.

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Trump, who met during the G20 summit in Osaka, also discussed the issue of Ukrainian sailors detained by Russia in late 2018.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I hope it was mutual disarmament that was discussed.

Tamas

Since it was the Chinese Premier who last talked to Trump about this, the Huawei ban is now lifted and no new tariffs on China either.

Zanza

QuoteWhen asked by The New York Times about Russian president Vladimir Putin's comments about Western liberalism being "obsolete," Trump took that to mean literally liberals living on the west coast of the United States.

"He's sees what's going on, I guess, if you look at what's happening in Los Angeles, where it's so sad to look, and what's happening in San Francisco and a couple of other cities, which are run by an extraordinary group of liberal people," Trump told the Times.

"I don't know what they're thinking," he added. "But when you look at Los Angeles, when you look at San Francisco, when you look at some of the other cities — and not a lot, not a lot — but you don't want it to spread."
That's the man you send to discuss with Putin.

Tamas

WTF is up with this sudden flight to the DMZ? I mean, I get it: he thought making a reasonable agreement with the Chinese will not go down well with his voter base because reasonable is not the Trump way, but why would being Kim's little bitch gonna' help him?

Syt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyQN9M_-Os0

QuoteIvanka Trump appears to be trying to get involved in a talk among Macron, May, Trudeau and Lagarde (IMF head). The video is released by French Presidential palace.

The expression on Christine Lagarde's face.  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2019, 02:07:02 AM
WTF is up with this sudden flight to the DMZ? I mean, I get it: he thought making a reasonable agreement with the Chinese will not go down well with his voter base because reasonable is not the Trump way, but why would being Kim's little bitch gonna' help him?

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

So, with the HK protests escalating, did Trump fold his hand prematurely on China?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2019, 09:35:45 AM
So, with the HK protests escalating, did Trump fold his hand prematurely on China?

What do the protests in HK have to do with Trump's trade war?