What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 22, 2018, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2018, 12:11:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2018, 09:00:22 AM
I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that if you are pro-Trump, despite everything he has said and done, then there is probably no point to me trying to convince you otherwise.

Yeah, there are no words that will make them suddenly start using their brains.

the local CBC radio morning show booked an American to talk about Cohen's guilty plea, by accident they booked a Trumpist.   It was illuminating to hear the guest go on at length about how the guilty plea does not implicate the president at all.  There was much talk about how guilty Hillary is for something or other that was ill defined.

See, the real story is not that Trump was just implicated in a felony, it's that a white woman was killed by an illegal alien.  That is the most pressing story to the Trump apologists.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Yes. Gingrich was quite explicit: "If Mollie Tibbets is a household name by October, Democrats will be in deep trouble". And so the spin is on.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403208-trump-on-department-of-justice-i-always-put-justice-now-with-quotes

QuoteTrump on Department of Justice: 'I always put Justice now with quotes'

President Trump said Thursday that he puts the word "justice" in quotes when he refers to the Department of Justice because he believes it is corrupt.

"There's such corruption. Before I got here, it's from before I got here. It's from the Obama administration," Trump said on "Fox & Friends," renewing his claim that his campaign was spied on by the Obama administration's Justice Department.

"When everybody sees what's going on in the Justice Department, I always put 'justice' now with quotes, it's a very, very sad day," Trump added.

The current leaders of the Department of Justice and the FBI, as well as a number of other high-ranking officials, were appointed by Trump.

Trump went on to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who has become one of the president's favorite targets for criticism. He did not directly respond to a question about whether he would fire Sessions.

Trump regularly complains about Sessions's decision to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian election interference, saying he would not have nominated Sessions for the job if he knew he was going to do so.

"The only reason I gave him the job is because I felt loyalty," Trump said in the Fox News interview. "He was an original supporter."

Sessions, a senator from Alabama prior to his confirmation as attorney general, acted as an adviser and surrogate for the Trump campaign.

He recused himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, including whether Trump's campaign colluded with Moscow, because he did not disclose during his confirmation hearing that he had contacts with Russian officials during the race.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Jesus Christ.

As I said, somehow he still manages to disappoint me and I didn't think I could have a lower opinion of him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

He's scared.

Much like a mean drunk, he's lashing out at everybody.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Long after he's gone the distrust in our legal system will remain.  He's doing damage that can't easily be repaired.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2018, 12:03:11 PM
Long after he's gone the distrust in our legal system will remain.  He's doing damage that can't easily be repaired.

I am sure the 'Back the Blue' folks will stand up bravely to defend our law enforcement from this attack.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2018, 12:06:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2018, 12:03:11 PM

I am sure the 'Back the Blue' folks will stand up bravely to defend our law enforcement from this attack.

Trumps too white (orange?) cops are only right when there are minorities around.

Partisanship has always been a strong influence in politics, and not just in america, but it's so jarring to see such a glaring example of it. I mean the mob is the mob, but how do the GOP senators and congressmen (congresspeople?)sleep at night?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on August 23, 2018, 03:00:01 PM
I mean the mob is the mob, but how do the GOP senators and congressmen (congresspeople?)sleep at night?
On a pile of money.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
"President Obama had a big campaign finance violation and it was easily settled!"

I wonder if this is something that actually happened? Because I know from the moment of this Tweet it has become a fact for a significant portion of the world population who will repeat it enough so that the rest of the world will repeat it as a fact as well in short time, I just want to know if it's real before it becomes real.
Obama received corporate donations that were in excess of the allowed amount and he was fined (his campaign) 500k$ or such.  Trump is simply shifting the focus of the crime.  Deliberately hiding funds to silence damaging stories to his campaign is the crime here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Solmyr

crazy canuck

Perhaps all of this was worthwhile after all  :lol:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.