Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2018, 04:19:15 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2018, 02:08:25 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2018, 02:04:16 AM
QuoteThe latest Gallup poll puts Trump's job approval at 45%. That's the highest it's been since he took office, and it's up from 37% at the start of the year. Although you'd barely know it from the press Trump gets, his approval number has been on a slow but relatively steady rise all year.

From Investor Daily.

We are so fucked.

That's from the 11th to the 17th. It doesn't cover the last week's meltdown.

But it covers the meltdowns until the 10th. You guys are fucked, well you might have escaped.

4 polls gave the seperation of kida from parents an average of 25 percent approval rate.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2018, 02:04:16 AM
QuoteThe latest Gallup poll puts Trump's job approval at 45%. That's the highest it's been since he took office, and it's up from 37% at the start of the year. Although you'd barely know it from the press Trump gets, his approval number has been on a slow but relatively steady rise all year.

From Investor Daily.

We are so fucked.

Nationalism sells. Saying fuck you to foreigners makes people happy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

It's doesnt sell magically from some inherent property. There are people who have been actively pushing these kinds of agenda for years, willing to compromise on so much for short term gain, or influence.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Oexmelin

Speaking of, the normalization of immigrants as violent subhumans continues, with the White House as cheerleader.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/trump-autographed-photos-of-dead-crime-victims-for-white-house-event.html

crazy canuck

Wow, watch the video, they are expressly saying that people who are separated from their kids don't have it so bad because the kids are not dead.  What sick twisted world are you Americans creating?

Oexmelin

It's thoroughly fucked up.

Meanwhile, the government reorganization plan produced recently (complete with an image of a 19th c. military parade to compensate for the one Trump hasn't gotten yet) suggests:

Merging the Department of Education with Labor. Because education is all about high-demand fields.
Consolidating enforcement capability into the hands of way fewer "enforcement officers", granted large discretionary powers.
Tying welfare benefits to work requirements
Suggests using humanitarian aid more efficiently as blackmail in international relations. (better value for American taxpayer!)
Moving the Office of Personnel Management into the Executive Office of the President, allowing greater control over promotion, rewards and termination in the executive office - in the name of a better "customer" experience (WTF).
Sell billions worth of assets... gee, I wonder who will purchase those?

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 22, 2018, 04:09:43 PM
Speaking of, the normalization of immigrants as violent subhumans continues, with the White House as cheerleader.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/trump-autographed-photos-of-dead-crime-victims-for-white-house-event.html

What a revolting display. Just disgusting.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Oexmelin

There is a reason why I and others have been losing our shit over this election.

dps

Quote from: Malthus on June 22, 2018, 06:07:17 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on June 22, 2018, 04:09:43 PM

What a revolting display. Just disgusting.

Do you feel that way even if it was done at the request of the families?  'Cause if that's the case, I think it's weird, but I'm OK with the President doing it.  Otherwise, it's incredibly tacky at best, and disgusting and terribly disrespectful at worst.

Oexmelin

FFS. :bleeding: It's not the fucking picture signing. It's the whole operation, a White House event Friday highlighting victims of crimes committed by undocumented immigrants.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on June 22, 2018, 07:40:45 PM
Do you feel that way even if it was done at the request of the families?  'Cause if that's the case, I think it's weird, but I'm OK with the President doing it.  Otherwise, it's incredibly tacky at best, and disgusting and terribly disrespectful at worst.

I imagine all the families of those unarmed people shot by cops would want to have their cases given play by the White House, too.  Somehow, I don't see that happening.

This is pure fear mongering.  There doesn't seem to be anything too slimy for this White House to do.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I thought it was a reasonable question. :)

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2018, 09:09:10 PM
I thought it was a reasonable question. :)

It misses the point of the criticism/revulsion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2018, 09:13:46 PM
It misses the point of the criticism/revulsion.

Apparently so did the CNBC headline writer.

Oexmelin

See previous discussion about the press missing the point.