What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm not sure if the book seems to have any value beyond slamming Trump. Has there been any new information gleaned from it?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Not that I've seen or read. Seems like rehashing old stuff, but with a swipe at Trump wherever and whenever possible.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Perfect.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman/rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-lawyer?utm_term=.yp5wLbQb6V#.igK3zGEGR8

QuoteTrump Just Got Three New Lawyers, And One Of Them Is Rudy Giuliani
Giuliani and lawyers Martin Raskin and Jane Raskin will join the president's legal team, joining his remaining lead outside lawyer Jay Sekulow and White House lawyer Ty Cobb.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Another lawyer who hasn't practiced law in decades.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

QuoteTrump was so bothered by the number of leaks to news organizations, including his classified phone calls with foreign leaders, that "he replied that we need to go after the reporters," Comey wrote in the memo. . .
Trump then alluded to a time when "we put them in jail to find out what they know, and it worked," Comey wrote.
"I explained that I was a fan of pursuing leaks aggressively but that going after reporters was trick, for legal reasons and because DOJ tends to approach it conservatively," Comey said in the memo.
According to Comey's recollection, Trump said: "They spend a couple days in jail, make a new friend, and they are ready to talk."

Trump has brought the "F" word back to American politics.
Facism.
I know it's all just a joke.  Everything is a joke.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Habbaku

Facism is where one guy is the front or "Face" while everyone else does the dirty work?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Habbaku on April 20, 2018, 12:46:34 PM
Facism is where one guy is the front or "Face" while everyone else does the dirty work?

Stop being a spelling facist.  :mad:

The Minsky Moment

I didn't see any reason to cast unfair aspersions on Roman magistracies.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 20, 2018, 12:15:03 PM
Trump has brought the "F" word back to American politics.
Facism.
I know it's all just a joke.  Everything is a joke.
He may have brought the word back into the open, but the fascists were already there.  They certainly got a helping hand from all those who thought that partisanship was the problem rather than a consequence of the rise of fascism.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2018, 08:03:11 PM
He may have brought the word back into the open, but the fascists were already there.  They certainly got a helping hand from all those who thought that partisanship was the problem rather than a consequence of the rise of fascism.

... says the partisan, trying to avoid blame.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2018, 06:41:25 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2018, 08:03:11 PM

... says the partisan, trying to avoid blame.
I'm sorry that you and your ilk failed to spot the danger in time, patting yourself on the back for not being hysterical like those who have.  I'm sorry for our country first and foremost.  Please don't make the next mistake fashionable among those who orgasm over their perceived rationality, and claim that fascism begins and ends with Trump.

dps

The "F" word I'd most associate with Trump isn't "fascist", it's "fool".  Calling him a fascist gives him too much credit--it assumes that he actually has something remotely resembling a political philosophy.  I'd say that he shares the disdain for civil rights often found on both the far right and far left, but you probably have to have at least some understanding of what a concept is in order for it to be accurately stated that you have disdain for it.

Eddie Teach

Trump may have some fascist tendencies, but he's also the weakest President I can remember.