Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2018, 07:03:50 PM
OK, that's looney tunes.

I've heard it explained like this:

The gov't privatizes it by taking responsibility from NASA and handing it out to a private company to manage. The private company then contracts the functions back to NASA and SpaceX etc (as NASA does now), and hands the bill to the government with a profit margin on top.

No idea if that's the reasoning behind it or what's going to happen, but it sounds plausible enough to me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on February 13, 2018, 11:28:34 PM
I didn't even know the US owned it.

Well, it's an international effort between the space agencies of the US, Russia, Japan, Canada, and the European Union. The station itself is divided into two parts, a Russian one and an American one (with the American one being used by the other partners as well).

Apparently the ISS is nearing the end of its planned life, so maybe this proposal is coming from that somehow.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2018, 07:03:50 PM
OK, that's looney tunes.

We've already outsourced our ability to put astronauts into space to the Russians.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

The end game is a big TRUMP logo in space.

At the end of the day, everything is just another real estate play to this guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Michael Cohen must be the best lawyer in he world.  He covers the cost of your indiscretions out of his own pocket!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Habbaku

I wonder what Daniels' billable rate is.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on February 14, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
I wonder what Daniels' billable rate is.

Caught an episode of Bunny Ranch a while back.  Some dude pulls up in a helicopter and pays like 14 grand for all night with Sunset Thomas and one plastic monstrosity.

Admiral Yi

Donald has said he's "totally opposed to domestic abuse," so we finally have some closure.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2018, 02:51:37 PM
Michael Cohen must be the best lawyer in he world.  He covers the cost of your indiscretions out of his own pocket!

He also may have confessed to a violation of federal elections law.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson