What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2017, 02:17:48 AM
Generational voting patterns

No surprise there--my contemporaries, the late boomer/early generation X bunch, are the most Republican leaning age group.

Gups

:secret: you can't get preggo via the back door

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on December 14, 2017, 05:35:18 PM
No surprise there--my contemporaries, the late boomer/early generation X bunch, are the most Republican leaning age group.

Our bracket, I can understand;  but I still don't get how the Clinton Gen Xers flipped for Dubya in '04, though.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Paul Ryan will retire at the end of his term! Sick of herding a bunch of cats.

Also, if there's a wave he'll probably lose. So better to go out on his own terms.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/14/paul-ryan-retire-speaker-ready-leave-washington-216103
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-gets-investigated-new-true-crime-netflix-series-dirty-money-748165

QuoteNetflix's new true crime series is gonna be huge.

In a press release on Thursday, the streaming service announced a new original investigative series coming next month, Dirty Money, which will investigate the dark underbelly of the world's largest corporations—including the corporation built by the current President of the United States.

Dirty Money is helmed by Academy Award–winning director-producer Alex Gibney (Taxi to the Dark Side, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room). The episode focused on Donald Trump and his business career, "The Confidence Man," will be directed by Fisher Stevens, best known for directing The Cove, which won the 2010 Oscar for best documentary feature.

With his Dirty Money episode, Stevens will profile the rise and reign of the Trump Organization and Trump's "epic failures into a consummate branding machine that propelled him into office." The series will use first-hand accounts from business perpetrators and victims, along with archived video footage.

Other Dirty Money episodes will focus on corporations such as VW, HSBC and Big Pharma companies.

This is not the first Trump-related documentary series to hit Netflix. Users can currently watch Meet the Trumps: From Immigrants to President on Netflix, the BBC's in-depth look at the Trump ancestry.

The British-produced documentary Trump: An American Dream was also recently picked up by the streaming service, and will be added to the Netflix library sometime in 2018. Produced by David Glover and Mark Raphael, and currently airing on U.K.'s Channel 4, it follows Trump five decades from businessman to developer to media star to president.

Netflix will launch another true crime original series next month, Rotten, which "dives deep into the food production underworld."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2017, 06:10:00 PM
Paul Ryan will retire at the end of his term! Sick of herding a bunch of cats.

Also, if there's a wave he'll probably lose. So better to go out on his own terms.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/14/paul-ryan-retire-speaker-ready-leave-washington-216103

Destroy the tax system to favor the wealthy, send the federal budget back to the 19th century...after eliminating what little social welfare programs remain, what else is there left to do?  His little Mengele experiments in Invisible Fisting will have been completed. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Read the other day that corporate tax rate was 49% before Reagan lowered it to 35.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 14, 2017, 08:36:51 PM
Read the other day that corporate tax rate was 49% before Reagan lowered it to 35.
One of the many, many, many ironies in US politics is that tax rates were stupidly high during the period many conservatives regard as the golden age.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on December 14, 2017, 08:42:00 PM
One of the many, many, many ironies in US politics is that tax rates were stupidly high during the period many conservatives regard as the golden age.

Those are cultural conservatives.

jimmy olsen

Shiny numbers

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/voters-think-trump-resign-harassment-allegations/

QuotePPP's newest national poll finds that a majority of voters think Donald Trump should resign from the Presidency because of the allegations of sexual harassment against him. 53% think Trump should step down to just 42% who think he should remain in office. 53% of voters believe the women who have accused Trump of harassment, to 31% who think they aren't telling the truth.

On a related note, 63% of voters agree with Al Franken's decision to resign from the Senate to 21% who disagree with it. Both Trump voters (71/14) and Clinton voters (57/29) agree with Franken's decision to resign. The divide on what should happen to Trump is more predictable with Clinton voters (86/10) overwhelmingly saying he should resign and Trump voters (12/83) overwhelmingly saying he shouldn't.

Interestingly Clinton voters are more likely than Trump voters to believe the accusers when it comes to the allegations again both Franken and Trump. A majority of Clinton voters believe Franken's accusers (62/16), while just a plurality of Trump's do (45/20). When it comes to the accusations against Trump things are much more polarized with Clinton voters (88/7) almost universally believing them while Trump voters (10/63) are considerably more skeptical.

The political climate continues to be shaping up very well for Democrats in 2018. They have a 51-40 lead on the generic Congressional ballot. The Republicans in Congress have a terrible brand- Paul Ryan's approval rating is 23/58 and he comes out looking good in comparison to Mitch McConnell who is at 13/61.

One thing that's not helping the GOP is the tax bill- only 29% of voters support it to 49% who are opposed. And by a 23 point margin voters say they're less likely to vote for a member of Congress next year who supports it- 49% say support for the tax bill makes them less likely to vote for someone, to only 26% who consider it a positive.

Voters wish Barack Obama was still President instead of Trump 56/39. Trump is also losing badly to all the Democrats we tested against him in early 2020 match ups. He's down 54-40 to Joe Biden, 53-40 to Bernie Sanders, 50-40 to Cory Booker, 51-42 to Elizabeth Warren, 47-40 to Kirsten Gillibrand, and 46-40 to Kamala Harris. The number for the various Democrats moves around some based on name recognition, but Trump stays consistently in that 40-42% range. ...

-51% of voters believe Trump is mentally unbalanced, to 44% who say they think he's mentally stable.
-Just 37% of voters think he's delivered on his core campaign promise to 'Make America Great Again,' while 57% say he hasn't.

-For the first time we find a majority of voters- 51%- support impeaching Trump to 42% who are opposed.

For all of that Trump does have one thing going for him though- the Republican Party is definitely still the party of Trump. 70% of GOP voters say they want Trump to be their candidate again in 2020, to only 24% who say they'd prefer someone else. Trump leads Mike Pence by 40 (62/22), Ted Cruz by 43 (64/21), John Kasich by 51 (70/19), and Jeff Flake by 58 (74/16) in head to head match ups. The country overall may have had enough of him, but he remains on strong ground within his own party.

1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa