What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on June 08, 2017, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2017, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2017, 07:00:49 PM
I expected something like that.  Well, good luck being alone when the end of the worlds comes :)

Eat me.
Seedy, you know I'm not into guys.  Try you luck with Grallon.

Seeds's testicles descended decades ago so too old.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

QuoteMcCain has released a statement on his strange questioning of Comey during the hearing. "Maybe going forward I shouldn't stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games," he says.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

West Coast games make me sluggish at work to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on June 08, 2017, 12:08:41 PM
Quote from: frunk on June 08, 2017, 11:48:43 AM
I listened to a bit of McCain's testimony, and I have no idea what point he was trying to make with the "double standard" of one investigation being closed and another one still being open.

I was rather shocked that he sounded so clueless.  Maybe he's not still all there upstairs.

I posted on this a while back. A good friend's wife used to be on his staff, and the word is that he has lost it and is either senile or could be affected by dementia.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DontSayBanana

Continuing the baseball metaphor,

Quote from: Literally Slimy Trump LawyerToday, Mr. Comey admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the President.

Ball 1) Executive privilege apparently has to be asserted
Strike 1) The conversations weren't about policy
Strike 2) Trump discussed at least four of them
Strike 3) Only 5 of the 9 conversations were "leaked," and Comey testified he handled the classified one differently.

Given how fast the lawtalkers slammed that one down, I'm wondering if Donny Boy's shitty real estate lawyer isn't in way over his head.

Conversations weren't privileged. Classified, maybe, but Comey also said he handled the classified stuff differently, and only five of the conversations were accounted for in his testimony/release.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Trump's lawyer Kasowitz responds to the Comey testimony.  It's all very bizarre.  On the one hand they say Comey exonerated Trump.  But then they go and blast him for orchestrating leaks.  They say that as President he is entitled to expect loyalty from those who serve the administration - but they absolutely deny that Trump asked Comey for his loyalty.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

It's Kasowitz.  Schlocky lawyer, schlocky firm.  (my personal opinion)

Trump tried to hire Ted Olson (Gibson), Paul Clement (K&E), Bob Giuffra (S&C), some other heavy hitters.  They all made excuses and wouldn't take the case.
Kasowitz has an attack dog rep but he isn't in the same league as those guys.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

True story - I once made a motion to compel discovery against a Kasowitz lawyer.  He put in papers opposing, including an personal affirmation where he detailed his war record in the Gulf War and expressed outrage that anyone would dare impugn him after his service for the country.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

I mean - pick a talking point and stick with it!

Either Comey is a reliable witness whose testimony exonerates Trump, or he's a big fat liar with an axe to grind and you can trust a thing he says.  You can't really argue them both at the same time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 08, 2017, 05:05:15 PM
True story - I once made a motion to compel discovery against a Kasowitz lawyer.  He put in papers opposing, including an personal affirmation where he detailed his war record in the Gulf War and expressed outrage that anyone would dare impugn him after his service for the country.

Heh, here in Canada, such effrontery could easily backfire - having tendered his personal testimony as evidence concerning the issues related to the discovery, there is a danger the other side could claim he has through that action waived privilege over his files on those issues - thus expanding the scope of the eventual discovery.  :D  And serve him right.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 08, 2017, 02:15:34 PM
Given how fast the lawtalkers slammed that one down, I'm wondering if Donny Boy's shitty real estate lawyer isn't in way over his head.

I'm not wondering.

Trump's personal lawyer just released a letter filled with typos
"Predisent" Trump is innocent, says his lawyer.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 08, 2017, 01:49:46 PM
McCain simply sounded like he was slipping into the twilight years of dementia.

I thought Comey was very polite and kind to McCain.  He really could have made him look like a fool (well, more than McCain had already done himself)

FunkMonk

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 08, 2017, 07:19:09 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 08, 2017, 01:49:46 PM
McCain simply sounded like he was slipping into the twilight years of dementia.

I thought Comey was very polite and kind to McCain.  He really could have made him look like a fool (well, more than McCain had already done himself)

Comey is a decent man who may not always have the best political judgement but he really does try to do the right thing
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 08, 2017, 04:51:40 PM
Bob Giuffra (S&C), some other heavy hitters.  They all made excuses and wouldn't take the case.
Volkswagen has much deeper pockets than Trump.