News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy anniversary mam and dad

Started by Josquius, October 24, 2016, 11:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/did you congratulate your parents on their wedding anniversary?

Yes
6 (22.2%)
No
17 (63%)
They don't have one
2 (7.4%)
I don't have parents
2 (7.4%)
I don't understand
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Savonarola

I used to send my parents a bottle of Michigan wine for their anniversary.  The first year I moved to Florida I sent them a bottle of Florida wine.  I still hear about that.   :(

My Dad grew up in what is now Michigan's wine country.  When  he was growing up they grew orchard fruits there; and my paternal grandfather owned a farm.  My parents were married in August because that was between Michigan's cherry harvest (July) and apple harvest (September-October.)  I'm glad my dad didn't continue with that life.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

My parents hate the shit out of eachother for almost 25 years.

I think next July I will throw a party for their 40 years of marriage / 25 years of separation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

I used to remind my Dad of the event to prevent problems.  :P

j/k

Not this year at least, since Dad and Mom were in Portugal for the anniversary, the first time in a long while.

Eddie Teach

I didn't and they got divorced. So maybe you should. :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

My parents celebrated their 50th anniversary in August.  It is the only one I ever acknowledged even though I have know the date for a long time.