Signals from 234 alien civilizations found

Started by viper37, October 28, 2016, 10:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Where is Tim when we need him?  I have to do everything by myself now!  It shouldn't be up to me to report any non significant news about alien life! ;)

Article

Don't get your hopes up.  Or don't build the bunker yet ;) .

The original researchers admit they need a lot more verification to be done.  That's why it's published, so other researchers can pick up where they left and do their own analysis.

It's interesting because that same researcher postulated a little while ago that if alien civilizations were trying to communicate with us, it's that kind of signal they would find.

Also, he ruled out a telescope malfunction because he only detected signals from stars similar to ours, it doesn't come from other type of stars.  It still could be something else.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Hamilcar

Razgovory

Did people in Quebec just discover radio?  Those signals you can't read, those aren't space aliens.  They are just anlgophones.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 28, 2016, 10:55:55 AM
yawn, calibration errors
if it was a calibration error, why did it not appear everywhere?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Hamilcar

Quote from: viper37 on October 28, 2016, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 28, 2016, 10:55:55 AM
yawn, calibration errors
if it was a calibration error, why did it not appear everywhere?
Obscure calibration error.

viper37

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!