How large will Clinton win over Trump in the popular vote?

Started by mongers, October 20, 2016, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will Clinton's victory be over Trump  in the popular vote, as a percentage?

15% or more
4 (7.8%)
12 - 14.99%
3 (5.9%)
10 - 11.99%
8 (15.7%)
8 - 9.99%
4 (7.8%)
6 - 7.99%
10 (19.6%)
5 - 5.99%
5 (9.8%)
4 - 4.99%
3 (5.9%)
3 - 3.99%
1 (2%)
2 - 2.99%
3 (5.9%)
1 - 1.99%
0 (0%)
0.01 - 0.99%
0 (0%)
Deadheat,  say +0.0099 - -0.0099
0 (0%)
Trump wins a Plurality  (Jaron option?)
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 06, 2016, 01:39:14 PM
if people can't be bothered to elect a can of paint over one of the incarnations of the devil, then they deserve what they get.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2016, 02:53:59 PM
I don't want to tempt fate.  I have experienced a recent Provincial election here that was badly misjudged by the pollsters.

I'm assuming a typical yokel Canuck pollster just drives by the local lumber mill and hollers "Who ya votin for eh?" and vaguely judges a response before driving on. Here in America we kinda know what we're doing with polls.

Admiral Yi

Hacksaw in the crotch looks unpleasant.  Never noticed it before.

Eddie Teach

Otto's method discounts the vital maple syrup farmer vote.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 03:18:32 PM
I don't want to tempt fate.  I have experienced a recent Provincial election here that was badly misjudged by the pollsters.

I'm assuming a typical yokel Canuck pollster just drives by the local lumber mill and hollers "Who ya votin for eh?" and vaguely judges a response before driving on. Here in America we kinda know what we're doing with polls.

Nate Silver constantly underrated Trump during the Republican primaries. You also have a lot of partisan polling research, which seems pretty illogical.

Your polling's not all that.

Admiral Yi

Speaking of polling, has that dude with the Arab name gone out of business?  Don't think I can remember his company being mentioned this election.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2016, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 06, 2016, 01:39:14 PM
if people can't be bothered to elect a can of paint over one of the incarnations of the devil, then they deserve what they get.

hah, Bosch would have approved I guess :D

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Zoupa on November 06, 2016, 03:39:20 PM

Nate Silver constantly underrated Trump during the Republican primaries. You also have a lot of partisan polling research, which seems pretty illogical.

Your polling's not all that.

Silver underestimated Trump in his editorials/prognostications about the "race at large", he has issued a mea culpa for that. But when it came to his state-by-state projections for both primaries, 538 got the vast majority right, or rather the candidates who had a "high probability" of victory in the primary states in the last 538 rating before the elections, generally won. The GOP I think they missed a few, and the Dems I think they only missed 1 or 2.

Fate

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 03:41:02 PM
Speaking of polling, has that dude with the Arab name gone out of business?  Don't think I can remember his company being mentioned this election.
Zogby?

OttoVonBismarck

Looks like Zogby is still around, but reduced immensely. Sold off most (all?) of his old polling firm and his role appears to be to give numbers to outfits like the Washington Examiner and Newsmax. I remember him being a lot bigger the last couple elections, I guess he was simply far too wrong far too often to keep himself relevant.

Martinus

crazy canuck

One more thing I don't understand about Americans.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2016, 09:18:53 PM

One more thing I don't understand about Americans.

That post was literally designed to draw you out.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points