The Debate Megathread, Part III: Pussy Riot

Started by CountDeMoney, October 19, 2016, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Oh, she's getting better, more passion, nice speech about what Trump does.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Why can't she simply say that the work the Clinton Foundation does is in alignment with the goals and visions of the United States?  It's not a contradictory organization working against US interests.

YOU KNOW IT AND THEY KNOW IT AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2016, 09:03:27 PM
Why can't she simply say that the work the Clinton Foundation does is in alignment with the goals and visions of the United States?  It's not a contradictory organization working against US interests.

Actually that was her first line.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2016, 09:03:03 PM
She built opening for attack on herself there with avoiding answering the hard question.

yeah, she's pretty bad about being open. imo, she just doesn't trust that people will accept her responses. she's all defensive, and it comes across like that pretty awkwardly like JR has said.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2016, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2016, 09:03:27 PM

Actually that was her first line.

She didn't stick the landing.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on October 19, 2016, 09:05:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2016, 09:03:03 PM
She built opening for attack on herself there with avoiding answering the hard question.

yeah, she's pretty bad about being open. imo, she just doesn't trust that people will accept her responses. she's all defensive, and it comes across like that pretty awkwardly like JR has said.

Good is he is clownish on it and thus distracts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2016, 09:07:08 PM
I will look at it at the time.   :lol:

Cool, story. He probably is upset he has to run and doesn't just become president through acclamation.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom