Head of UK's MI6 bares body on Facebook

Started by Phillip V, July 06, 2009, 01:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

1. This is why you should always restrict who can view your profile in Facebook.
2. I hope this doesn't become a big deal. So he has his vacation photos online, and surprise!, he's not wearing a shirt at the beach. So what?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Phillip V

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 06, 2009, 01:44:24 AM
1. This is why you should always restrict who can view your profile in Facebook.
2. I hope this doesn't become a big deal. So he has his vacation photos online, and surprise!, he's not wearing a shirt at the beach. So what?
People might get horny.

Martinus

I haven't read the article, but I sincerely hope the furore is about security, not about him being shirtless.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2009, 03:07:30 AM
I haven't read the article, but I sincerely hope the furore is about security, not about him being shirtless.

I think its that his wife flooded her Facebook account with addresses, not just theirs but which school their kids attend etc.

DisturbedPervert

Definite security breach, now everyone knows their spies don't look like James Bond.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on July 06, 2009, 03:09:24 AM

I think its that his wife flooded her Facebook account with addresses, not just theirs but which school their kids attend etc.
Indeed, read another article on it elsewhere. Its his wife's fault.
The main security breach was in her giving her address and the names and school of the kids. Stupid behaviour for anyone let alone the wife of the MI6 head.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

... spies should come out of the cold and get more sun?
humans were created in their own image

HisMajestyBOB

Out of curiousity, could you look up the MI6 head's home address in the phonebook? Or does he go unlisted once appointed?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

alfred russel

Is the MI6 so much different from the CIA that seeing a picture of its leader is a security breach? I doubt the divulging of the address and a topless pick of Leon Panetta would endanger anything other than my effort to keep down breakfast.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Richard Hakluyt

I'd say it is completely irrelevant. I have no doubt that those who wanted to know knew already.

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2009, 09:14:42 AM
Is the MI6 so much different from the CIA that seeing a picture of its leader is a security breach? I doubt the divulging of the address and a topless pick of Leon Panetta would endanger anything other than my effort to keep down breakfast.
:lol: