News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thai King Bhumibol is Dead

Started by Monoriu, October 12, 2016, 09:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

Quote'There is at least one error in the [Bild] article - it names the poodle as Foo Foo, but in fact Foo Foo is dead, and the poodle in the photographs is actually called Fee Fee,' Marshall wrote on Facebook.

Did he promote that one to the rank of "Air Marshal" as well, or maybe to "Grand Admiral" for a change?

Hamilcar

Quote from: Monoriu on October 15, 2016, 03:31:10 AM
Very soon we are going to have to get used to seeing his pictures all over Thailand and in almost every Thai restaurant all over the world.

:lol:

Monoriu

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 15, 2016, 03:32:49 AM
Quote'There is at least one error in the [Bild] article - it names the poodle as Foo Foo, but in fact Foo Foo is dead, and the poodle in the photographs is actually called Fee Fee,' Marshall wrote on Facebook.

Did he promote that one to the rank of "Air Marshal" as well, or maybe to "Grand Admiral" for a change?

Probably a state secret.  Serious. 

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2016, 03:23:36 AM
LOL apparently those savages are questioning journalists under their "lese majeste" laws for taking these pictures of their new king.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3702849/Thai-police-detain-British-writers-wife-royal-photos.html

:lol:

Will he be the villain in Far Cry 5?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Monoriu on October 15, 2016, 03:34:11 AM
Probably a state secret.  Serious.

Fuck corrupt and frivolous eastern dictatorships. I'm so glad I live in a country with negligible political corruption.

Hamilcar

Admiral Yi

Monoriu

It is really important for the Crown Prince to ascend to the throne.  Legend is that there will only be 9 kings under the current Thai dynasty.  Guess what, King Bhumibol is Rama IX.  The existence of Rama X will help dispel that myth. 

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

"Your majesty, it's urgent, we need to travel now. Quick, get dressed!"
"I *am* dressed!"
"... Oh."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Monoriu

The King's body has returned to the palace.

Thais display bank notes in remembrance to the King, as his likeness appears on every single bill.

The other day I saw some expat Thais when I had lunch in Hong Kong, and they all wore black. 

Martinus

Syt

I'm starting to think we're living in a weird, stupid alt-hist forum 2016, not the real one that's sane and sensible and out there in another dimension.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2016, 07:40:35 AM
Idiots.

They're just pre-modern people who did not pass through their Enlightenment, worshipping their dead god-king. I bet Egypt 2300 BC didn't look all that different.

Monoriu

The King's funeral procession. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtZnPlnzcgg

Huge crowds.  Even the nurses lined up outside the hospital.