News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonalds

Started by Josquius, October 11, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your relationship with Maccy Ds?

Never tried it
0 (0%)
I've had it only a few times in my life
8 (16%)
Used to eat it....now never
10 (20%)
Once a year maybe
6 (12%)
A few times a year
10 (20%)
Once a month maybe
7 (14%)
A few times a month
7 (14%)
Weekly
2 (4%)
Daily
0 (0%)
Hippocampus
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2016, 01:31:36 AM
Those fancy hipster food trucks are expensive as hell.
Whoever came up with that idea. .... damn

I've heard what some of these dudes pull in by setting up at just 3 events a week.  I mean, you're working your ass off when you're working and there's no guarantee what business will be like next week, month, or year.  But shit, get it while you can.

I've been talking to my brother in law about him coming up here and having an empanada truck.  People around here are starting to learn what they are.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

These trucks are becoming increasingly popular over here in fairs and such. I always thought it must be a tough livelihood - it doesn't seem a stable business, so I guess they need those margins. Food is certainly better than your usual fair grub, though.

derspiess

Most of the now 30+ breweries here do not have food licenses for their taprooms so they invite food truck or two to set up in their parking lot.  At a couple breweries they've become so popular they rent out a space in the brewery to set up a small kitchen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall