2016 Georgian Parliamentary Elections: Cast Your Vote!

Started by Grinning_Colossus, October 07, 2016, 11:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these remarkable human being should dominate the Atlanta State House?

1 (6.3%)
0 (0%)
4 (25%)
1 (6.3%)
2 (12.5%)
5 (31.3%)
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Grinning_Colossus

These selfless servants of the people with clearly differentiated ideologies are competing for votes in tomorrow's elections. Languish, whom will you vote for?

[Edit: Mods, please fix grammar. I am dumb.]
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

HVC

None of them look particularly curious enough for my vote.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

I assume that the main faultline in Georgian politics is russia versus western relations? Some want to turn the country over to russia, while the rest want to recklessly embrace the west - to the extent the russians will get pissed off and move in and take over the country?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Candidate #3 has a certain earnestness in his eyes that the others lack. This man would govern with integrity I think, based on this one out-of-context photo.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2016, 11:52:17 AM
Candidate #3 has a certain earnestness in his eyes that the others lack. This man would govern with integrity I think, based on this one out-of-context photo.

:lol:

Voted #4. I think she's a demon in bed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2016, 11:52:17 AM

To me he looks overwhelmed and about to cry :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

The last guy looks like he's making someone an offer they can't refuse.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Voted #6, because if I don't he'll bust my knee caps. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: alfred russel on October 07, 2016, 11:52:00 AM
I assume that the main faultline in Georgian politics is russia versus western relations? Some want to turn the country over to russia, while the rest want to recklessly embrace the west - to the extent the russians will get pissed off and move in and take over the country?

That's one faultline, though the party that was most pro-Russia was banned. I haven't been following these elections very closely, but the role of the Church in society and economic redistribution/pensions are also perennial topics.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Mean looking Baptist church lady #4 for Fulton County Board of Education.  Jesus + Dinosaurs FTW

Admiral Yi

The cleaning lady looks the most cheerful.  I vote her.

Legbiter

The last one just needs a Persian cat to stroke to complete the Bond villain look.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

Regarding #6, I was sure I had seen that same photo somewhere. Indeed, this guy is an opera singer and I saw him play Aida at the Met Opera back in the mid-2000s  :lol: That photo is one of his promotional pics.