News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Models, the good kind

Started by The Brain, May 03, 2014, 03:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Construction is complete. :w00t:

What's left now is just final touchup of the paintjob and maybe some weathering, and then fitting a few final details.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

The Nagato is now finished! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I decided against weathering at this point, I'd like to test some stuff before I try it on a model of this size. I can always do it later.

Now I need to find a good cheap display case for it.

No pics yet, for one thing I'll need daylight for those.

The Brain

Maladict

Monoriu

celedhring

Zanza

The Brain

Thanks! :)

My display case for it came today so it will get a nice home.

Now I'm thinking about my next project... I'm not sure if it will be some figure painting or another scale model. If scale model then probably the Mikasa, which should be a quicker build and which I can display with my wooden plaque thingie from Togo shrine.

Razgovory

That is an enormous wooden box.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

CountDeMoney

Where's it going?  Dining room table?

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 12:53:48 PM
Where's it going?  Dining room table?

Unfortunately not. :(

It will likely go in a window for now cause that's where I might have room for it, plus the display case is pretty heavy and I want it on something really solid.

Zanza

Not sure if it fits into this thread, but I visited the largest model train set in the world. It's in Hamburg and roughly 1500 square meters in area. It's in 1:87 (HO) scale. It changes from night to day time periodically. A lot of the stuff moves, not just the trains.

Hamburg airport including aircraft taking off and landing

Las Vegas in the America section

Kiruna in the Scandinavia section

The Italian section for Syt

The control desk

Maladict

They finished Italy? I'll have to go soon  :mmm:

The Brain

Cool! :)

Btw the city of Kiruna will move soon IRL.