News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Autumn Equinox!

Started by Martinus, September 21, 2016, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I like Autumn when it behaves like Autumn.  When it thinks it's summer is when we have issues.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2016, 11:16:54 AM
I like Autumn when it behaves like Autumn.  When it thinks it's summer is when we have issues.

No shit. 83 here.

THATS IN KELVIN MAX

alfred russel

Autumn = Football Season = Awesome!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2016, 05:42:54 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 22, 2016, 02:48:09 AM
Autumn it's my least favorite season of the year.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I can understand liking Autumn in places with crappy weather (like say Eastern United States) but on the whole Autumn is not that great.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

What kind of sick fuck doesn't like autumn?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2016, 12:49:24 PM

I can understand liking Autumn in places with crappy weather (like say Eastern United States) but on the whole Autumn is not that great.

Well in places without crappy weather it does not really exist. But some of us like cooler weather every once in a while.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2016, 01:00:41 PM

Well in places without crappy weather it does not really exist. But some of us like cooler weather every once in a while.

:cool:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2016, 01:00:41 PM

True it doesn't and life is much grander. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on September 22, 2016, 12:59:11 PM

People who like warm temperatures and sunlight. Fuck no, I don't want to go to work and leave work when it is dark out. And then the fun of wearing appropriate layers for outside and then sweating up a storm on the subway.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2016, 01:04:08 PM

People who like warm temperatures and sunlight. Fuck no, I don't want to go to work and leave work when it is dark out.

Yet you live so far north :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2016, 01:04:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2016, 01:04:08 PM

People who like warm temperatures and sunlight. Fuck no, I don't want to go to work and leave work when it is dark out.

Yet you live so far north :hmm:

And hence my increasing dislike of fall.

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on September 22, 2016, 07:48:44 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2016, 07:37:43 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 22, 2016, 07:31:04 AM
You're early it's not until 15:21 BST (14:21 UTC). :nerd:
Fair enough. :P

Not especially, as I don't really know what it means in practice, I just copied if off the wiki page a few days ago.  :P

It's the exact moment Sun enters Libra. :P