News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Europe Engulfed!

Started by Berkut, March 17, 2009, 08:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

So me and Habs played some Europe Engulfed on Wargameroom last night.

Some impressions:

1. OMG, the map is fugly! But you know what....once you play a bit, you don't really notice anymore, and
2. Holy shit the game plays well! I am not sure I will ever want to play this FtF again - it plays so damn fast on the computer, where it rolls all the dice, holds your hand thought the SoP, tells you most of what you need to know...
3. Computers are mean. They don't let you take back your bone-head moves, which led to....
4. Me losing the first game because the Whermacht all died in Pas de Calais out of supply. Oops, apparently I have to garrison Belgium? Say what?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Dutch partisans are serious business.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien