News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mob hit or annoyed client?

Started by Malthus, September 21, 2016, 08:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Co-incidences do happen sometimes.

I had a file where the bad guys would do a smash-and-grab into a mall cell-phone kiosk in the morning before the stores had opened.  They were stopped by a bunch of RCMP officers (and this is Edmonton, where RCMP don't have jurisdiction) were sitting having breakfast, saw them running, and tackled them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: HVC on September 21, 2016, 08:28:27 AM
If the cops expected something maybe the lawyer had a vest? How bulky are they in real life versus movies?

alternatively the lawyer had no heart...

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

In Florida he would be acquitted.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2016, 12:21:10 PM
Co-incidences do happen sometimes.

I had a file where the bad guys would do a smash-and-grab into a mall cell-phone kiosk in the morning before the stores had opened.  They were stopped by a bunch of RCMP officers (and this is Edmonton, where RCMP don't have jurisdiction) were sitting having breakfast, saw them running, and tackled them.
I remember the Hilton brothers, a family of boxers.  Two of them decided to rob a Dunkin Donut at gunpoint.  Back in the days, Dunkin Donut was famed to be a resting spot for cops...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on September 21, 2016, 01:32:34 PM
In Florida he would be acquitted.
Because he was Standing His Ground (and it was his ground that was running to the getaway car).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2016, 01:20:55 PM
Sounds like police were in fact following the shooter, now ID'd as Grayson Delong.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/halton-police-followed-shooting-suspect-to-the-annex-before-lawyer-was-shot-sources-say-1.3081425

Heh, not sure if it is the same "Grayson Delong" or not, but there are a handful of searchable appeal cases in which that name appears. The latest is from 2008, R. v. Delong, [2008] O.J. No. 2566 (Ont.C.A), and it merely states as follows:

On appeal from conviction and sentence by Justice Bruce J. Young of the Ontario Court of Justice dated September 29, 2006

APPEAL BOOK ENDORSEMENT

[1]               The trial judge rejected the appellant's version of events and in particular rejected the position of the defence that the appellant was merely defending himself from what he claimed was unnecessary force. The only question then was whether the appellant caused unnecessary suffering to the dog. In our view, there was an evidentiary basis for the trial judge's finding in that the appellant choked the dog.

[2]               Accordingly, the appeal is dismissed.

Well, he lost my sympathy (if it is the same guy).  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius