News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languishing Dead (DoW Forum Game)

Started by Habbaku, September 16, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Correct.  Though you should feel free to argue for certain points and definitely should be strategizing a bit.

After all, there are only so many survivors that can go to each of the locations.  And the colony is surrounded by zombies at the moment...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

So I'm thinking we need to clear out a couple of locations and search for stuff, while probably barricade the last couple?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

My initial thought is to keep the mayor in the colony, augment the "2" dice with his ability and use it together with the "5" dice to kill two zombies at different entrances. Then move the Librarian to the library and search (using my ability to draw two cards) with the remaining "6" die.

I'd also contribute one of my food cards to the supply.

Would that be a legal/sane action?

Do we need to post what cards we contribute to the crisis now or can we wait until the results of our actions (i.e. what cards I draw while searching).

garbon

Well I guess we have several things to consider.

One do we actually have enough tool cards among us to prevent the crisis? / Is that crisis one that's bad enough that we are going to want to prevent it?

Obviously losing morale is bad though on the whole swapping survivors isn't terrible except for extent to which we'd picked ones that we thought went well with our personal objectives

I've nothing at the moment that I can do to help with that crisis. If we across all of us we don't have enough tools and we want to pass it, obviously we'll need to spend some time tool hunting.

Of course, a big concern is also those zombies.

Looking at the action die I got, I really am only going to be helpful this turn for things like 1) attack, barricading, or distracting some zombies to another location.

So I think definitely if you can clear some Zombies, C, I can put up some barricades to help forestall or lower chances of an overrun.

As far as adding cards to crisis, it looks like you have to face down do so during your turn aka any cards you pick up from Library action will only be usable if you also then play them down that same turn. So for our purposes telling Habs what you've put under - I would guess with us knowing how many you put?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on September 27, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
Where are the dice listed?
Next to our character cards on that board screenshot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I am waiting for my cards but... Is there a drawback to sending everyone with 3 or better combat skill out to fight all them zombies ASAP?

My truck-driver guy can go around without rolling for exposure so he should be one of the people sent scavenging.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 27, 2016, 09:26:07 AM
I am waiting for my cards but... Is there a drawback to sending everyone with 3 or better combat skill out to fight all them zombies ASAP?

My truck-driver guy can go around without rolling for exposure so he should be one of the people sent scavenging.

Well as I noted, I've only one attack die that is higher than my attack value. What were the odds given how small a die I needed? :blush:

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2016, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 27, 2016, 09:26:07 AM

Well as I noted, I've only one attack die that is higher than my attack value. What were the odds given how small a die I needed? :blush:

Ah right sorry, forgot for a moment you kind of pre-roll your dice here.

Are you player one with the fighting girls? Dammit your dice sucks.

I have good dice so my guys (Arthur and Rod) can fight, but Arthur can draw an extra card in the school and Rod can do wherever without exposure, so they should probably be the scavenging guys.

celedhring

People with "draw extra card when searching in X" should take residence at those places IMHO. Also, taking people away from the colony reduces the number of zombies spawned there. So if one of your characters can't do anything worthwhile inside the colony, it's probably a decent idea to move him away (with a 1 in 12 chance of dying outright thanks to the exposure dice :P).

In short - and provided I'm understanding the rules correctly -, we need to make sure we kill enough zombies to "make room" for the zombies spawned during the colony phase (as many as survivors stationed inside the colony). Any zombie "overflowing" will devour a survivor unless there's  barricade in place.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on September 27, 2016, 01:48:01 AM
Do we need to post what cards we contribute to the crisis now or can we wait until the results of our actions (i.e. what cards I draw while searching).

For Crisis contribution, you should PM me with what you are putting into the pile.  To everyone else, only post that you are putting the quantity of cards, not which cards you're putting in.  It's usually a good idea to tell others what you're putting in, however, but since you can lie about it...

It's typically a good idea to wait until you've used all your dice to actually contribute to the Crisis, however.  There is no pressure to do anything about it until you're ready to pass your turn.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on September 27, 2016, 09:50:27 AM
In short - and provided I'm understanding the rules correctly -, we need to make sure we kill enough zombies to "make room" for the zombies spawned during the colony phase (as many as survivors stationed inside the colony). Any zombie "overflowing" will devour a survivor unless there's  barricade in place.

This is generally correct, but be careful about the wording.  Survivors in the Colony only generate 1/2 rounded up the number of zombies.  So, if there are 7 survivors remaining in the Colony at the end of the turn, 4 zombies will be generated and 4 food consumed.

It's in Non-Colony locations that the ratio is 1:1 for zombies (but no food is consumed).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on September 27, 2016, 09:58:35 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 27, 2016, 09:50:27 AM

This is generally correct, but be careful about the wording.  Survivors in the Colony only generate 1/2 rounded up the number of zombies.  So, if there are 7 survivors remaining in the Colony at the end of the turn, 4 zombies will be generated and 4 food consumed.

It's in Non-Colony locations that the ratio is 1:1 for zombies (but no food is consumed).

Aha thanks. I misread that, actually (on the phone right now).

Berkut

Re: Dice.

Looking at this at work, the embedded pics don't show up, hence my confusion.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Do you not have access to Flickr at work?

-J. R. R. Tolkien