News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languishing Dead (DoW Forum Game)

Started by Habbaku, September 16, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Bit delayed on my end.  Will press on some time late tonight or early Friday at the latest.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

There's no pressing emergency I gather? The crisis is taken care of, there's enough food... I guess I could clean up a little, but seems a bit of a waste of some good rolls.

garbon

Do we know that the crisis is actually taken care of? Not wanting to waste things there but always something to be wary about that someone is working against us.

Also, we do still need to - actually start putting cards towards our objective, as well as making sure we have a barrier at each entrance to the colony.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

For now the trucker will search at the grocery with the "5" die.

Then I'll probably move him back to the base (I understand there's enough food) and do something useful there.

celedhring

The remaining "6" die seems too good to waste on waste, so after he moves back to the base, the trucker will use it to kill a zombie in #2.

Habbaku

The moment that Rod is safely within the confines of the Colony, he realizes just how morose some of his fellow meatba--er, survivors are feeling...Maybe siphon a bit of gas from the truck?

Need everyone to chime in here, obviously.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

garbon

I'm mainly thinking this is a waste of time? I think we should be putting fuel towards our objective.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I will put in 1 fuel card if I can take a shower with Felicia.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Habbaku

When 40% of the players don't respond to open discussion...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

I would not contribute to the, err, crisis, event card, whatever it is.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

I am very intrigued by this game, and want to play it FtF. Might not work all that well via forum.

Kind of BSG-like. The "theme" really matters, and the table talk likely has a big part of the fun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

I think when we did BSG that was okay.

Of course, talk doesn't happen if people prefer to post in other parts of the forum and avoid this thread. ;)

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2016, 02:38:12 PM
Of course, talk doesn't happen if people prefer to post in other parts of the forum and avoid this thread. ;)

:yes:

-J. R. R. Tolkien