Main Menu

Fort Worth

Started by Savonarola, August 05, 2016, 03:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2016, 09:40:57 PM
I am a white Texan who has only ever shot clay pigeons and owns no fire arms :(

You make baby Sam Houston cry. :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

So actually you can maintain perfectly weenie ways here if you want :hug:

I've never fired a gun at all.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

So actually you can maintain perfectly weenie ways here if you want :hug:

Living la vida débil in Texas.  :alberta:

There was a rumor at one time (while we were still GE) that we would be moved to Fort Worth once production had been moved from Eerie to Texas.  My wife said that there was no way she'd ever move here; but I think she may have confused Dallas with Houston.  Anyhow that didn't happen and now the rumor is that we'll all be moved to Rochester, NY.  :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

I did go to the Reata; that was also a great recommendation, MiM.  I also went to Rodeo Goat, which had a solid vote on Trip Advisor, but I thought it was disappointing.  The beer list was impressive and it was one seriously cool bar, but the burgers, though good, weren't anything to write home about.  I think I've hit my quota of beef for the year; it was all very good, but if I stayed in Texas I'd need a cardiologist soon.

I saw the Amon Carter museum during its extended hours on Thursday.  That had a good collection of western, American and Texas folk art; probably what you'd expect from an Art Museum in Fort Worth :alberta:.

Class got done early Friday so I saw the modern art museum.  The building was designed (by Tadao Ando) with enormous galleries and high ceilings; consequently most of the works are art are very big and very bad.  The "High point" of this sort of museum is the Fluxus (:yuk:) gallery, which here featured a fluorescent  and two large rectangles made of yarn.  In another gallery there was an angled lead wall with a lead pipe leaning on it; the caption assured me that this gave the viewer a sense of wonder and danger.  In another gallery there was also a film of a man shooting layups in a hoop skirt.  I didn't hate everything; some of the abstract expressionism or minimalist works that I though were good especially the ones by Joan Mitchell and Dan Christensen.  There was a Motherwell painting as well that, well, looked like every other Motherwell painting.

It's good to be back home after three weeks on the road; though I'm slated to go back out again in just a couple weeks (:glare:).  Still, I'm not too disappointed to be heading out again as It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags...
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Right so I am headed up there tommorow morning. If anybody wants to meet up I should be free after 6 PM tomorrow and Thursday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2016, 10:15:21 PM
Right so I am headed up there tommorow morning. If anybody wants to meet up I should be free after 6 PM tomorrow and Thursday.

Whereaboots?  If it is actually Ft. Worth, I am unfortunately out. :(  The Dallas side I could swing this evening; I will be out-of-town tomorrow.

Valmy

Frisco by the IKEA  :P

No problem if you are busy
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

:hide:

I forgot about that.  I might could swing it.  Must find out from the boss.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The boss doesn't want to come, but I'm available.  Plenty of options up there, but I would suggest avoiding that Blue Mesa.

CountDeMoney

I bet you guys are going to eat good.  :(

Valmy

I am not from around here so go ahead and pick someplace that is not Blue Mesa. Anytime after 6!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Valmy

Sounds great! See you then.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2016, 01:31:16 PM
Sounds great! See you then.

I would suggest going down to Headquarters instead of taking Preston south, FYI.  There are very limited left-turn options and traffic there in the evenings can be bad.