And we're back!

Main Menu

Confirmed bachelor

Started by Josquius, September 07, 2016, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2016, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on September 07, 2016, 03:48:21 PM
I wonder how an openly polyamorous politician or celebrity would be seen.

Trump seems to be doing pretty well.

Marriages, affairs, divorces and more marriages are fine.  Opting out of them is not.

LaCroix

suspicion of someone's sexuality might be part of it, but for many there's probably a "oh, he must be weird" factor going on. it's considered odd to not even have had a girlfriend.

Martinus

We had one running for the mayor of Warsaw from the Greens. She got 3%.

Then again, the most powerful man in Poland right now is a confirmed bachelor.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2016, 02:02:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2016, 01:47:35 PM
Right? All the time I'm like is he a pedophile or is he just gay.

:lol:

"Well, he cares about how he looks, but not enough to be thin...so he must just be an asshole."

Maybe he's a bear or a chub. :whistle:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

For the monster they clearly are?

I genuinely just thought confirmed bachelor was code for gay, like 'close to his mother' or for the alcoholics 'tired and emotional'.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2016, 04:05:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2016, 02:02:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2016, 01:47:35 PM
Right? All the time I'm like is he a pedophile or is he just gay.

:lol:

"Well, he cares about how he looks, but not enough to be thin...so he must just be an asshole."

Maybe he's a bear or a chub. :whistle:

Gays can be overweight without being a bear or a chub. It's just the question of money. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 07, 2016, 04:08:00 PM
For the monster they clearly are?

I genuinely just thought confirmed bachelor was code for gay, like 'close to his mother' or for the alcoholics 'tired and emotional'.

I thought so too.

CountDeMoney

If Ed Anger had been single in the late '70s...

http://youtu.be/bQZ-xQ329lA

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2016, 03:43:58 PM
So in Canadian politics, Stephen Harper stood down as leader, and there's a leadership race going on.

One of Harper's most high-profile ministers, perhaps the most high profile after Peter MacKay resigned a few years ago, was a guy named Jason Kenney.  Very capable minister, took all the toughest portfolios and did well.  Even those who didn't like him (he's a staunch catholic pro-life) respected him.

But everyone figured he had precisely zero percent chance at taking the leadership.  Partially because he'd be yet another leader from Calgary (Harper, and before that, Manning).  But mostly because, you guessed it, he's a "confirmed bachelor".  No wife, no girlfriend, ever.

So now he's running to try and become leader of the Alberta PCs.  We'll see how it goes.

I had to do a double take because I read that as One of Harper's most high-profile mistresses at first!  :lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point