Iranian cleric says British Embassy employees will be tried

Started by jimmy olsen, July 03, 2009, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 03, 2009, 02:29:31 PM
However, diplomatic sources in New York reported that American officials are working behind the scenes to prevent new sanctions from being imposed against Iran.

U.S. officials claimed that a tough stance toward Iran could backfire, bringing about an opposite outcome to that desired by those who support such measures.

The Obama administration, according to the diplomatic sources, has discarded the notion of direct talks with Iran. However, the United States is still interested in re-engaging Iran through the renewed discussion of its nuclear program through the six permanent United Nations Security Council members. 

:bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Iran has the prerogative to govern its citizens how it feels best. As these are not British citizens, but employees I have no problem with their decision.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

I hope Obama's not trying to trade a rigged election for nuclear weapons.

Martinus

I'm sure Obama and Iranians have some things in common. For example they are both religious and hate gays. :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 03, 2009, 04:59:03 PM
I'm sure Obama and Iranians have some things in common. For example they are both religious and hate gays. :P
Let's be fair.  EVERYONE hates gays.  Even gays themselves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Palisadoes

Quote from: Jaron on July 03, 2009, 04:34:11 PM
Iran has the prerogative to govern its citizens how it feels best. As these are not British citizens, but employees I have no problem with their decision.
But the British government has an interest as it is their employer.

hsilbud

Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2009, 11:12:47 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 03, 2009, 09:44:57 AM
What do you have against the British embassy staff in Iran?  :huh:

He has an irrational hated of the British but loves the French. Go figure.

Old school anti-English like it's 1776?