News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Blurred Blue Line

Started by jimmy olsen, September 04, 2016, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on September 04, 2016, 10:14:03 PM
I don't understand how this is legal. It seems and sounds crazy.

Because communities, employers and police unions allow it to happen.  Schools, hospitals, shopping malls...everybody does it.

Take hospitals, for instance:  why should University of Whatever Hospital employ armed security officers and incur all the costs, training and liability that would entail, when you can just have an ODP program and pay police officers to do it? 
They're already trained, they're already imbued with powers of arrest, and they make visitors, staff and students feel safer than a security guard. 

Besides, don't see why it's such a big deal;  after all, it's only stupid fucking moron assholes like nurses and teachers that don't deserve to make more money, because they're supposed to just do it for the job satisfaction. So fuck those simpletons, should've joined a police union instead.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2016, 08:39:17 PM
Quote from: dps on September 04, 2016, 07:17:56 PM
I'm sure that by next week, he'll come up with some shocking articles that reveal that the sun rises in the east and sets and the west.  And that fire is hot, but water is wet.

Why would the average person not involved with the law know this? When I saw uniformed officers outside a club I just assumed they were sent there by the police department in the interest of keeping the peace. Not that the club hired them and their state sanctioned authority.

So you live in a world it takes forever for police to respond to 911 calls and police departments in places are way understaffed, but there is still a cop in front of clubs and plenty of businesses and churches have cops out front to direct traffic. You seriously never put 2 and 2 together?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Siege

I have heard the guys in the cave over that ridge have figured a way to throw rocks really far using strips of leather.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

QuoteSanta Clara police threaten to boycott 49ers games in wake of Kaepernick controversy
Published September 03, 2016 FoxNews.com

Authorities in Northern California have threatened to stop working San Francisco 49ers games in response to Colin Kaepernick sitting during the national anthem in protest of police brutality and racial injustice.

In a letter obtained by KNTV, the Santa Clara police union told the 49ers organization that officers wouldn't work at the stadium if it doesn't "take action" against Kaepernick over his protest. The station noted that about 70 Santa Clara police officers work eight home games per year.

"The board of directors of the Santa Clara Police Officer's Association has a duty to protect its members and work to make all of their workings environments free of harassing behavior," the letter added.

Kaepernick's decision to sit for the national anthem and to wear socks in practice depicting pigs as cops has drawn much scrutiny from the Santa Clara officers. Police said they are angered and frustrated with the 6-year veteran.

The 49ers released a statement in support of Kaepernick's freedom of expression as soon as the backlash started to begin.

"In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem," the organization said.

Kaepernick's has caused a firestorm on social media and throughout the nation, including fans, media and veterans.

His protest continued Thursday night when he decided to kneel for the national anthem in San Diego during the Chargers' Salute to the Military. He was joined by defensive back Eric Reed in his protest.

Seattle Seahawks player Jeremy Lane also sat for the national anthem when the Seahawks played the Oakland Raiders.

Kaepernick pledges to donate the first $1 million he makes this season to communities that help people.

Siege

Somebody pleez slap that bitch.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 11:17:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2016, 08:39:17 PM
Quote from: dps on September 04, 2016, 07:17:56 PM
I'm sure that by next week, he'll come up with some shocking articles that reveal that the sun rises in the east and sets and the west.  And that fire is hot, but water is wet.

Why would the average person not involved with the law know this? When I saw uniformed officers outside a club I just assumed they were sent there by the police department in the interest of keeping the peace. Not that the club hired them and their state sanctioned authority.

So you live in a world it takes forever for police to respond to 911 calls and police departments in places are way understaffed, but there is still a cop in front of clubs and plenty of businesses and churches have cops out front to direct traffic. You seriously never put 2 and 2 together?

I doubt he's made many 911 calls and even less likely that he's timed them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Siege

Valmy

I don't want to kill anybody. So I just have mace. Don't have to be as accurate and I would hate to accidentally murder the next door neighbors.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on September 04, 2016, 11:58:28 PM

Hey I thought you just told me I was supposed to gun down everybody while carrying out vigilante justice? Now I am not supposed to shoot everybody?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2016, 12:00:42 AM

Interesting how half the people in the first group got assassinated.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2016, 12:00:42 AM

Yeah. Obama is pretty cool with me having a gun. Pretty sure George III would be alright with it to if he was still alive and not on one of his bouts of insanity.

Siege

Valmy

Let's shut down the courts and just let guns run everything since clearly laws have no impact on anything! Hey that's stupid! So therefore it should be a meme!