How a murdered woman became invisible in the coverage of her death

Started by garbon, September 02, 2016, 04:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Zoupa

QuoteThere is a patriarchal narrative that runs through this entire story, from the act itself to the reporting of it, and we need to allow ourselves to see it if we are to find a way to prevent similar events from happening again.

So by seeing the patriarchal narrative running through the story, we'll find a way to prevent this.

lolwut?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on September 03, 2016, 02:34:26 PM
The article was posted from the guardian. I forgot to copy the link. Suck a dick.

I am not sure whether "suck a dick" in the face of your incompetence is a complement or an insult.  Gays tend to suck at that sort of thing.

I do note that, even when challenged, you prefer to  (maybe) insult rather than post that actual fucking link.  Weasel much?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on September 04, 2016, 03:04:48 AM
The article was posted from the guardian. I forgot to copy the link. Suck a dick.

I am not sure whether "suck a dick" in the face of your incompetence is a complement or an insult.  Gays tend to suck at that sort of thing.

I do note that, even when challenged, you prefer to  (maybe) insult rather than post that actual fucking link.  Weasel much?

Guess what, I'm not your slave. And I don't have a tendency to do things for people when they give me attitude.  Like there was good reason to think I was posting from a blog. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2016, 03:17:52 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 04, 2016, 03:04:48 AM

Guess what, I'm not your slave. And I don't have a tendency to do things for people when they give me attitude.  Like there was good reason to think I was posting from a blog. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and ride that weasel, dude!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I don't think you know what a weasel is anymore. Jusy one of your automatic responses now.

After all, you've the article. You can grab the first sentence or two, put it in Google and get the guardian link, all on your own if you were really interested.

Of course, we both know that you are not.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.