News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who Do You Root for: The Pig War

Started by Tonitrus, August 28, 2016, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should evil monarchists or George Pickett have gotten the San Juan islands? Who's idea was it to let the German Kaiser decide this anyway?

United States of America
4 (33.3%)
British Canada
8 (66.7%)
Jaronaville
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Tonitrus

Because future vacation home owners want to know!

HVC

If you're going animal themed wars the emu war is the best.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sophie Scholl

There's a National Park on the San Juan Island that tells the story of the "war".  That could be pretty entertaining to work at.  I'll have to see if any openings are posted. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

British Columbia of course.   We was robbed.

Any other vote is a vote for the Kaiser and is undemocratic.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 28, 2016, 06:23:20 PM
There's a National Park on the San Juan Island that tells the story of the "war".  That could be pretty entertaining to work at.  I'll have to see if any openings are posted. :)

That and it is beautiful.  I imagine the posting is very sought after.

CountDeMoney

I think I am just going to start banning everybody in the upper left-hand corner.

alfred russel

I think we should stop with these threads, but I think if we are to get another one it should be "Who do you root for: the Iran Iraq War"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2016, 07:39:59 PM
I think I am just going to start banning everybody in the upper left-hand corner.

Envy is one of the seven deadly sins  :P

CountDeMoney

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2016, 10:11:01 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2016, 10:08:37 PM
Envy is one of the seven deadly sins  :P

So is Pride, asshole.

I am not proud of the fact the Kaiser sided with the Americans  :Embarrass:

CountDeMoney

Martinus

I thought this was about the Angry Birds.

garbon

US. In all fights US vs Canada - the US is always in the right.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.