News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

xbox 360 problem

Started by katmai, March 17, 2009, 08:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

So had my first problem in over 2 years of owning a sexbox, curious to see if it's happen to others.

I was sitting down to watch a movie from my netflix streamed over the xbox. it seem to take an little longer than normal (60 secs instead of 10) to determine my conncection speed for playback. Once that happen the movie started up and the screen seemed to be ghosted for the intro credits...at first i thought was just the films choice of opening credit animation.

After i realized that it wasn't, I stopped the film and noticed there was ghosting just on my screen in general, so figured i'd turn off console and restart to see if rememdied the problem, whoops!

Turned on the Xbox and now my HDTV is telling me can't find a signal.

I hear it fine so i know the xbox is starting up fine, just not getting a signal now so it appears the my component cables have up an died..I have two component inputs on tv and tried them both to no avail and i know they aren't at fault as my old dvd player is hooked up through it and tested it on both and works fine.

I've never had a problem with the cable before, so kinda perplexed it just up and died so, but i guess i need to go buy a new cable today.  :-[
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

I don't think it's the cable.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2009, 08:03:05 AM
I don't think it's the cable.

Yeah it's the cable, it's just not getting a signal, the ring is all green. and i can use the controller and can turn off the console by knowing from memory the process with controller.  ::)

Grey Fox

Alright, don't believe me.

derspiess

Does your xbox have HDMI output?  Assuming you have it hooked to your HDTV, buy a cheap HDMI cable instead of replacing the component cable. 

Otherwise, it's too bad this didn't happen 2 or 3 weeks ago-- I could have picked up an OEM component cable from Circuit City for you for less than 10 bucks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2009, 08:33:17 AM

well since you haven't given me any concrete advice/knowledge why should i believe you. stop being  a schmuck Francis.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2009, 08:47:10 AM
Does your xbox have HDMI output?  Assuming you have it hooked to your HDTV, buy a cheap HDMI cable instead of replacing the component cable. 

Otherwise, it's too bad this didn't happen 2 or 3 weeks ago-- I could have picked up an OEM component cable from Circuit City for you for less than 10 bucks.

I was thinking about that route, but if i do that i end up with the digital audio and need to check and see if my old home theater has the correct input (i'd presume so).

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2009, 08:48:20 AM

well since you haven't given me any concrete advice/knowledge why should i believe you. stop being  a schmuck Francis.

Alright, alright.

If you put a dvd in, do you get an image?

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2009, 08:56:17 AM
Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2009, 08:48:20 AM

Alright, alright.

If you put a dvd in, do you get an image?

I don't know, i just went to try that and had to replug it all and now i'm getting a picture again :lol:  :-[

but the image is still ghosting to some respect.

Grey Fox

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2009, 09:03:40 AM
TV's a Sharp?

No the tv is a vizio, and after following xbox instructions on trying to troubleshoot it's back to blue screen saying no signal which just tells me it's the cable.