Funny, but not all that funny
15 (50%)
Stupid
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Endlessly funny, but I've been watching them all my life.  I can see someone just now discovering them thinking maybe they aren't that funny.  But watching them is a link to my childhood. 

The (fairly) recent Three Stooges movie was surprisingly good.  Sofia Vergara didn't hurt.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

They're Ok, but when it comes to comedy teams, I prefer Laurel and Hardy and Abbot and Costello.  Not sure where the Marx Brothers rank in there--Groucho is funnier than the Stooges, but frankly the other brothers don't do much for me.

Drakken

I had the unfortunate distinction of owning the NES game, I got it as a birthday gift as a kid. :yuk:

Caliga

LOL, that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread and I was going to quote that scene. :lol:

"Oh, Pepper!  NYUK NYUK NYUK"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I saw only snippets of them but they looked like the Marx brothers, only dumber. Pass.

DontSayBanana

I enjoyed some of their bits as a kid, but Chaplin, the Marxes, and Laurel and Hardy had them way outclassed.  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 07:01:45 AM
I saw only snippets of them but they looked like the Marx brothers, only dumber. Pass.

Well, yeah, I'd say that they're humor is dumber than that of the Marx Brothers, but I wouldn't really say that they're much like the Marx Brothers except that they're both comedy groups from the 1930s.  The Stooges' comedy is almost entirely slapstick, which, while it can be hilarious, is inherently a fairly "dumb" type of humor.  Slapstick was only a small part of the Marx Brothers' humor.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on August 18, 2016, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 07:01:45 AM

Well, yeah, I'd say that they're humor is dumber than that of the Marx Brothers, but I wouldn't really say that they're much like the Marx Brothers except that they're both comedy groups from the 1930s.  The Stooges' comedy is almost entirely slapstick, which, while it can be hilarious, is inherently a fairly "dumb" type of humor.  Slapstick was only a small part of the Marx Brothers' humor.

Yeah I found that comparison bizarre. But I thought maybe he thought Harpo was the only Marx Brother.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

My favorite Stooges movie was the one where they bought a boat and got bombed by the Navy who thought there were an IJN vessel. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points