Guy who says God punishes gays with disasters has his home destroyed by flood

Started by Martinus, August 18, 2016, 12:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

http://deadstate.org/guy-who-says-god-sends-natural-disasters-to-punish-gays-has-his-home-destroyed-in-a-natural-disaster/

QuoteTony Perkins, president of the anti-gay religious lobbying group the Family Research Council, had his home destroyed by the massive flooding ravaging Southern Louisiana this week.

Although no one wants to celebrate a person losing their home, the destruction of Perkins' house isn't without irony, considering that he's claimed in the past that natural disasters are God's way of punishing an increasingly gay-friendly world.

Calling into his own radio show, Perkins described the flood as being of "biblical proportions," adding that he and his family will have to live in a camper for 6 months until the damage is repaired.

But Perkins was careful to point out that this particular flood wasn't because of the gays, but rather an "incredible, encouraging spiritual exercise to take you to the next level in your walk with an almighty and gracious God who does all things well."

The floods in Louisiana have so far killed 11 people and destroyed over 40,000 homes.

Last year, Perkins had as a guest on his radio show Christian "prophet" Jonathan Cahn, who claimed that Hurricane Joaquin was a sign of God's wrath for the legalization of gay marriage.

Perkins agreed, saying that while "those on the left like to mock these things," many throughout history know "God is trying to send us a message" through natural disasters.

Perkins has quite a dark history of anti-LGBT activism. In 2010, he praised the infamous "kill the gays" bill in Uganda, saying it was an effort to "uphold moral conduct that protects others and in particular the most vulnerable." According to Right Wing Watch, the bill called for life in prison for having sex, even once, with a member of the same sex, or touching someone of the same sex with the intention of having sex.

:nelson:

Malthus

Maybe God flooded his house because he wasn't good enough at spreading the anti-Gay message.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I have been seeing this story gloated over and figured it was just a matter of time before Marty posted it :P

But seriously, weird summer around here. It has been raining for almost a week straight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Hamilcar

Nobody cares about gays anymore. Their victim status has been revoked. Gay men are oppressive shitlords now.

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on August 18, 2016, 12:53:25 PM
Nobody cares about gays anymore. Their victim status has been revoked. Gay men are oppressive shitlords now.

And that's how we like it.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on August 18, 2016, 12:53:25 PM

And that's how we like it.

Yeah, stop gloating and get on with the oppression. There are genderfluid disabled dragonkin to keep down.

garbon

I'm really getting tired of Marti posting all these threads about the gays. We get it, you are gay. Don't always have to play the gay card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

But, but if he doesn't play that all he has is Polish and a "lawyer"
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on August 18, 2016, 01:10:07 PM

I don't understand why he is so caught up in identity politics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

He could still be right. He wouldn't be the first closeted religious fanatic.
Let's bomb Russia!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on August 18, 2016, 01:10:07 PM

I for one prefer gay threads to foot fetish threads.
Experience bij!