Usury Quest: The Quest to Impress Mono AAR

Started by Valmy, August 12, 2016, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on August 13, 2016, 05:02:28 PM
I opened the thread expecting to read about an anime themed MMO.  :hmm: :hmm:

Called Usury Quest? Huh. Tell me more :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on August 14, 2016, 04:03:11 AM
So, are you rich yet?

He was, but spent all the winnings on drink, drugs and loose women in around 37 seconds this morning.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2016, 08:21:38 AM
Quote from: celedhring on August 14, 2016, 04:03:11 AM
So, are you rich yet?

He was, but spent all the winnings on drink, drugs and loose women in around 37 seconds this morning.

Hey! No spoilers in my AAR :angry:

grumbler

Valmy spent all his loot on a pair of hookers.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I am not even sure it would cover those kinds of Hookers  :P

The song I sing shall tell the tale of a cold and usurious day

So our hero ventured forth once more into the breach determined to lay waste to his foes. After the battle last month it was time to collect all the loot!

And let's just say inflation has really hit the gold standard these days.

That's right baby! 50 whole cents! The payments are not due until the 15th but one guy paid around the 30th of August so I guess he has bimonthly payments? But wait 36 payments of 50 cents is only 18 dollars but 72 payments would be 36 dollars which strikes me as more than 7.59%. What the hell is going on out there? It even seemed to be all principal. How does that work? This is supposed to be Usury Quest not Free Money Quest!

Oh well I trust this evil soulless corporation to stay on the level.

So it is time for me to venture once more into the deep dark dungeon. Huh hardly any 36 month A notes today...but fortunately I have a backup plan. I will pick really small loans. Nobody is going to blow their credit and go bankrupt on a tiny loan. Surely not.

Really? 'Other'? What kind of bizarre thing does somebody borrow $1,000 for? Just need to put that grand on the Bears game?

Anyway for DEATH AND GLORY! Or should I say:

Death and Drek! Did anybody catch the reference to this in the Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter? It was a very specific Easter Egg for people who played both The Bard's Tale 2 and IWD. That very small sample size included me so I got a chuckle.

So behold the portfolio of POWAH:

Or rather portfolio 3, which was the default name. To keep your enemies off balance hunting for portfolio 1 and 2 I presume.

Well enough questing for one month, time to hit the tavern.

Maybe I should try the wine?

Martinus

So which part of this comes under "not believing in Christ's divinity, but following his moral teachings"?

DGuller

alfred russel

I wonder if the website doesn't work like this:

-New people sign up. They test the waters with $100 to make $0.50 interest. The website holds their $100, and pays the principal and $0.50 interest on time.

-The new people get more confident. They up the investment to $200 for $1.00 interest. The website holds the money and again pays principal and interest on time.

-The new people think, "wow this really works. We could really make money off this thing." They invest $10,000. Goodbye.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 03, 2016, 03:58:15 AM
So which part of this comes under "not believing in Christ's divinity, but following his moral teachings"?

All of it! :pope: Love and joy for all that receive needed funds in their time of need.

QuoteI wonder if the website doesn't work like this:

-New people sign up. They test the waters with $100 to make $0.50 interest. The website holds their $100, and pays the principal and $0.50 interest on time.

-The new people get more confident. They up the investment to $200 for $1.00 interest. The website holds the money and again pays principal and interest on time.

-The new people think, "wow this really works. We could really make money off this thing." They invest $10,000. Goodbye.

Except I didn't make any interest. Not even the Medieval Church could fault me for that 50 cents.

But still a likely chance my adventure will end like so:

celedhring

Enjoying this AAR. Since this is an MMO, do you have any kind of interaction with other players?  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on September 04, 2016, 03:49:18 PM
Enjoying this AAR. Since this is an MMO, do you have any kind of interaction with other players?  :hmm:

:lol:

I am pretty sure they frown on that. 'Give me my money bitch!' would be par for the course in MMO chat these days though.

Eddie Teach

Give me my money back, I want my money back, you bitch.
And don't forget, to give me back my black t-shirt.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2016, 10:53:18 PM
That's right baby! 50 whole cents! The payments are not due until the 15th but one guy paid around the 30th of August so I guess he has bimonthly payments? But wait 36 payments of 50 cents is only 18 dollars but 72 payments would be 36 dollars which strikes me as more than 7.59%. What the hell is going on out there? It even seemed to be all principal. How does that work? This is supposed to be Usury Quest not Free Money Quest!

Borrowers are allowed to pay down principle early.