News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Terror suspect killed in Ontario

Started by Malthus, August 11, 2016, 09:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Everything Canadian deserves it's own thread.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Megathreads suck.  Let this news live free.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

So, it was the FBI who tipped off the RCMP.  The guy posted his suicide video online before committing the act (aren't there timers for this?  What are ISIS tech guys doing, really??), a little too soon apparently, so the FBI caught it, sent the info to the RCMP and they attempted an arrest.

My question: why is it that we have a fucking nutjob on a watch list for terror suspects but we need the FBI to inform us of what a fucking nutjob on our terror watchlist is doing in our country, in the city in which he is assigned to??

This could have ended very badly.  Not only could hundreds of people have been injured, but we were at risk of losing our favorite spider loving jewish lawyer!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on August 12, 2016, 12:24:49 PM
So, it was the FBI who tipped off the RCMP.  The guy posted his suicide video online before committing the act (aren't there timers for this?  What are ISIS tech guys doing, really??), a little too soon apparently, so the FBI caught it, sent the info to the RCMP and they attempted an arrest.

My question: why is it that we have a fucking nutjob on a watch list for terror suspects but we need the FBI to inform us of what a fucking nutjob on our terror watchlist is doing in our country, in the city in which he is assigned to??

If that's how it went down, it strikes me as a good sign - the security forces of different Western countries (at least, the US and Canada) appear to be cooperating together to get results in real time, concentrating on the threats rather than jealously guarding their little fiefdoms. Congrats are in order to all involved, I'd say.

QuoteThis could have ended very badly.  Not only could hundreds of people have been injured, but we were at risk of losing our favorite spider loving jewish lawyer!

I'm touched.  :blush:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on August 12, 2016, 12:40:37 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 12, 2016, 12:24:49 PM

If that's how it went down, it strikes me as a good sign - the security forces of different Western countries (at least, the US and Canada) appear to be cooperating together to get results in real time, concentrating on the threats rather than jealously guarding their little fiefdoms. Congrats are in order to all involved, I'd say.

Yes, congrats to the FBI for sharing the info, but what about the next time, when the FBI isn't watching the guy because they figure we're watching our people?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on August 12, 2016, 02:47:35 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2016, 02:17:15 PM
So the US has saved Canada again?

Thanks! :hug:

We are there for you Canada.

Held protectively in our neighborly talons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

One day we will be together, forever :wub:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2016, 08:43:08 PM

We are already.

That is, until President Trump builds a northern wall (and charges us for it).  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on August 17, 2016, 07:34:45 AM

We are already.

That is, until President Trump builds a northern wall (and charges us for it).  ;)

You don't need to give him 'policy' ideas, he already got that one from watching Game of Thrones.   :)

Incidentally, CC is tribal chief of the Canadian white-walkers.  :lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on August 17, 2016, 08:17:44 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 17, 2016, 07:34:45 AM

We are already.

You don't need to give him 'policy' ideas, he already got that one from watching Game of Thrones.   :)

Incidentally, CC is tribal chief of the Canadian white-walkers.  :lol:

Given the way Vancouver real estate prices are going these days, CC could probably pay for that wall by taking out a mortgage on his house.  :hmm:

KRonn

Thankful that they got this maniac before he could set off those bombs.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 11, 2016, 11:42:17 AM
Everything Canadian deserves it's own thread.

Are you sure? Do we need a thread for bagged milk?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.