Afro-Centrism: Making Me Explode With Rage Since Gradeschool

Started by Queequeg, June 28, 2009, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2009, 02:04:58 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on June 29, 2009, 01:44:41 AM
Cleopatra? Cleopatra was Greek (and had more than enough nose to prove it, if her coins are to be believed) and was born 250 years after the Macedonians had conquered Egypt for themselves and stablished a Greek dinasty. And the Ptolemies married amongst themselves, so she was probably as Greek as Ptolemy I Soter.

She was not Greek. She was a Macedonian, ffs. Why do people insist on confusing the two?
Actually, she was part-Greek, part Macedonian, and part Semetic.  Both of her parents were illegitimate children born to non-Macedonian women.  By the time of her reign, the blood of the Ptolemies was running thin in the royal house (and during all those late reigns, of course, it was often just running).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Africa could sink in the ocean and the world wouldn't notice. This says a lot about both Africa and the world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2009, 11:04:28 AM
Africa could sink in the ocean and the world wouldn't notice.

Disagree. I  would say that this statement says a lot about you, however.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2009, 11:13:13 AM
Africa could sink in the ocean and the world wouldn't notice.

Disagree. I  would say that this statement says a lot about you, however.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Obviously satellites and seismic instruments would pick up the event and we would actually notice.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2009, 11:17:39 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Obviously satellites and seismic instruments would pick up the event and we would actually notice.

I stand by my statement.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Neil

Africa could sink in the ocean and the world wouldn't notice. This says a lot about both Africa and the world.
That's not true.  Africa has many valuable natural resources, many of the world's remaining large mammals, and has something of an emotional value as the cradle of the species.

Now, if the human population of Africa were to be wiped out, people would notice.  However, it'd be more of a 'Thank god that's over with, let's get some real people into those empty lands' sort of thing.  Of course, it'd be better to make it a nature preserve.  Really, Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe and most of Asia should be nature preserves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Presently Africa is sparsely populated enough you could make most of it a nature preserve today.

Unfortunately the population is expanding at a rapid rate, but I think it is slowing down and hopefully that can continue so most of Africa can be preserved and does not turn into another Europe or the Eastern US.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2009, 12:04:28 PM
Presently Africa is sparsely populated enough you could make most of it a nature preserve today.

Unfortunately the population is expanding at a rapid rate, but I think it is slowing down and hopefully that can continue so most of Africa can be preserved and does not turn into another Europe or the Eastern US.
Too many people.  The number of humans must be reduced into the double-digit range.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habsburg

Razgovory

It would make shipping cheaper.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017