ISIS' after jihadists storm French church during Mass

Started by 11B4V, July 26, 2016, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on July 26, 2016, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2016, 05:58:32 PM
If he had been murdered by Reagan Administration-sponsored right-wing death squads, it never would've made the front page.

Well... he kinda was...

They must have looked very odd in medieval Canterbury.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on July 27, 2016, 09:02:37 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on July 26, 2016, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2016, 05:58:32 PM
If he had been murdered by Reagan Administration-sponsored right-wing death squads, it never would've made the front page.

Well... he kinda was...

They must have looked very odd in medieval Canterbury.  :hmm:

This story gives the general idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthur%27s_Court
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

By the by the Catholic view:
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2016/07/27/there-can-be-no-doubt-that-fr-jacques-hamel-died-a-martyrs-death/

Sad to see a prominent former Muslim who is converting to Catholicism has taken down his tweet announcing that because of a possible threat to the Church where he is taking instruction :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Hamilcar

Quote"Pope: World is at war, but it's not religious"

There's a bunch of totally baffled Islamic State jihadis right now wondering just what they have to do to clarify that they are waging a religious war.

Sheilbh

Popes aren't politicians and speak in paragraphs. This Pope's comments on this and so much of the recent violence are interesting. I think his discussion of a third world war, but a world war 'in pieces' is a really useful example.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 28, 2016, 05:01:56 AM
Popes aren't politicians and speak in paragraphs.

Could he teach some internet posters about those?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.