ISIS' after jihadists storm French church during Mass

Started by 11B4V, July 26, 2016, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Islamist knifemen forced priest, 84, to kneel and filmed his death as they slit his throat: Hollande says 'France is at war with ISIS' after jihadists storm French church during Mass chanting 'Allahu Akbar'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html#ixzz4FXCN8Ej1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The ISIS knifemen who stormed into a church in Normandy filmed themselves butchering an elderly priest after forcing him to kneel - before they performed a 'sermon in Arabic' at the altar, a terrified witness has revealed today.

The 84-year-old priest, named as Jacques Hamel, had his throat cut in a Normandy church this morning in an attack that also left a nun critically injured and both jihadis dead.

The two killers, who were both known to French authorities, were shot dead by police marksmen as they emerged from the building shouting 'Allahu Akbar'. The building was later searched for bombs.

French president Francois Hollande, who visited the scene today, said the country is 'at war' with ISIS after the terror group claimed responsibility for the brutal attack.

One of the extremists who stormed into the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen during mass was a French 19-year-old named Adel K., who was being monitored by electronic tag after twice attempting to join fanatics in Syria. Unbelievably, his bail terms allowed him to be unsupervised between 8.30am and 12.30pm - the attack happened between 9am and 11am.

Adel K is understood to have forced the priest to kneel while his accomplice, who also lived locally and was on a terrorist watchlist, filmed the brutal killing.

This afternoon it emerged that the murdered clergyman was deputising while the regular parish priest was on holiday. French authorities say they have arrested a third man over the attack - a 17-year-old man believed known as HB and believed to be a relative of Adel K.

It was also revealed that the Catholic church involved was on a terrorist 'hit list' found in the apartment of a suspected ISIS extremist last April.

Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy called for a 'merciless' response to the killing while 'horrified' ex-Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin said he feared 'everything is being done to trigger a war of religions'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html#ixzz4FXDzq8rH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Yeah we had that in the Nice thread.

I thought the Islamic Caliphate was supposed to be tolerant of People of the Book.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2016, 12:00:52 PM

I thought the Islamic Caliphate was supposed to be tolerant of People of the Book.

We should change that thread name to European terror attacks or something.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on July 26, 2016, 12:03:41 PM

That's too vague, it should be called Islamic terrorist attack in France; we have the other thread that's evolving into one covering German attacks; I'll open one when we have the start of attacks in the UK and I guess someone else can open one to cover the rest of Europe.

Oh and to cover ourselves, we could have a miscellaneous thread for Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Other religious terror attacks in Europe
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

It was.  ISIS is no more the Caliphate than Disneyland is really a magic kingdom.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on July 26, 2016, 12:57:07 PM
It was.  ISIS is no more the Caliphate than Disneyland is really a magic kingdom.
Quite.

First terrorist attack I can think of with an actual martyr though. By all accounts a good man killed in hatred of the faith and saying mass - like Beckett and Romero before him :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2016, 02:51:50 PM
Quite.

First terrorist attack I can think of with an actual martyr though. By all accounts a good man killed in hatred of the faith and saying mass - like Beckett and Romero before him :(

Beckett wasn't killed in hatred of the faith, but in annoyance at his dissing of his former buddy, the King.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Meh. You kill a priest (even a Richard Burton-ish priest) performing the sacraments the Church'll take that as hatred. Take it outside :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2016, 02:57:26 PM
Meh. You kill a priest (even a Richard Burton-ish priest) performing the sacraments the Church'll take that as hatred. Take it outside :P

Priests should not be turbulent.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

If he had been murdered by Reagan Administration-sponsored right-wing death squads, it never would've made the front page.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Malthus on July 26, 2016, 02:55:22 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2016, 02:51:50 PM
Quite.

Beckett wasn't killed in hatred of the faith, but in annoyance at his dissing of his former buddy, the King.  ;)

Henry II loathed Waiting for Godot.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Rasputin

Quote from: mongers on July 26, 2016, 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 26, 2016, 12:03:41 PM

That's too vague, it should be called Islamic terrorist attack in France; we have the other thread that's evolving into one covering German attacks; I'll open one when we have the start of attacks in the UK and I guess someone else can open one to cover the rest of Europe.

Oh and to cover ourselves, we could have a miscellaneous thread for Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Other religious terror attacks in Europe
the miscellaneous thread would be short and need frequent bumping
Who is John Galt?

mongers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36900233

A priest from a neighbouring parish, who also knew Fr Hamel, passed through on his way to conduct his own mass. His message tonight will be that this is not an attack on the Catholic Church - it is merely the latest symbol of French life to be targeted.

And the mood of some here was summed up by a woman cycling past the waiting media, who shouted to no-one in particular: "We will not be afraid."

French President Francois Hollande appealed for "unity" as he warned that the war against terrorism "will be long".

"Our democracy is the target, and it will be our shield. Let us stand together. We will win this war," he said.

:frog:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2016, 05:58:32 PM
If he had been murdered by Reagan Administration-sponsored right-wing death squads, it never would've made the front page.

Well... he kinda was...
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on July 26, 2016, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2016, 05:58:32 PM

Well... he kinda was...

Stop that.  Stop that right now.