Who would you vote for if the election were today?

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2016, 04:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emile durka

Hillary
38 (71.7%)
Donald
5 (9.4%)
Gary
4 (7.5%)
Other
4 (7.5%)
Not Vote
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Valmy

Well Jaron made the announcement that if Trump won the Republican Nom that Utah would vote Hillary. Which would be astounding since Utah is the most lopsidedly Republican state as far the Presidential Elections are concerned. But I have my doubts that would happen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 23, 2016, 09:57:09 PM
In this election, do you think the usual qualifications about safe Republican/Democrats districts, states, battlegrounds, still hold? Or do you think Donald Drumpf's candidacy messes things somewhat?

I think it messes with things. For instance, I don't think it is all that improbable that Clinton wins Georgia. However, I think it is quite improbable that she wins Georgia and becomes president by less electoral votes than whatever Georgia has. If she wins Georgia she should win in a landslide.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2016, 10:11:53 PM
Well Jaron made the announcement that if Trump won the Republican Nom that Utah would vote Hillary. Which would be astounding since Utah is the most lopsidedly Republican state as far the Presidential Elections are concerned. But I have my doubts that would happen.

Utah is a true oddball state. I think it is plausible (if unlikely) that Utah could flip to the Democrats and Trump could still compete nationally.

But Georgia isn't all that unique. It is hard to see Clinton winning Georgia and not also Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida. Which ultimately means Georgia probably doesn't matter--because that would mean a Clinton landslide (or at least easy win).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2016, 10:11:53 PM

Well, I didn't anticipate the rise of Johnson. Our last poll had the state like maybe +2 Trump with a 20-25% showing for Johnson.

Looking at the states demographics, Clinton's best support will come from Salt Lake City. It's very liberal and a pretty gay city.  Most people I know are disgusted with Trump for various reasons but will vote for him because he isn't Clinton or will vote for Johnson. It could swing Clinton but I do think it'll be close. Mormons detest immorality and both Trump and Clinton are seen as immoral.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 23, 2016, 09:57:09 PM
In this election, do you think the usual qualifications about safe Republican/Democrats districts, states, battlegrounds, still hold? Or do you think Donald Drumpf's candidacy messes things somewhat?

Ethnic whites are the key demographic, which puts Penn in play, and might take Florida out of play.

Interesting how after a "revolution" and "upheaval" the battleground states don't change that much.

Josquius

I'd hold my nose and vote conservative.
Clinton.
██████
██████
██████