Who would you vote for if the election were today?

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2016, 04:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emile durka

Hillary
38 (71.7%)
Donald
5 (9.4%)
Gary
4 (7.5%)
Other
4 (7.5%)
Not Vote
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on July 22, 2016, 08:58:54 PM
Tim Kaine seals the deal.  I may very publicly soon campaign for Clinton-Kaine.  My free time.  :(

FYI, when I volunteered at a presidential campaign (Phil Graham 199whatever) all the full time staff were stone cold heaterectomies.

Richard Hakluyt

So Languish is solidly behind Clinton. With our track record that means that Trump must be a shoo-in  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 23, 2016, 01:55:42 AM
Considering Jill Stein is an imbecile and her party supports things like herbal remedies and anti-vax you should probably keep that to yourself.

:D

I think my vote is obvious. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 23, 2016, 02:00:56 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 22, 2016, 08:58:54 PM
Tim Kaine seals the deal.  I may very publicly soon campaign for Clinton-Kaine.  My free time.  :(

FYI, when I volunteered at a presidential campaign (Phil Graham 199whatever) all the full time staff were stone cold heaterectomies.

All I've seen so far are attractive 20-something-year-old women and gay guys.  Grassroots leadership here in the northern Virginia area, such as the local precinct captain, also seem to be well-put-together professional women in their 30's and 40's.

Sheilbh

Gay guys love campaigning. 90% of the Remain campaigners I met in London were posh, loud gays.
Let's bomb Russia!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2016, 11:44:44 AM
Gay guys love campaigning. 90% of the Remain campaigners I met in London were posh, loud gays.

Hm, that may have lead me to vote Leave tbh.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 23, 2016, 01:55:42 AM
Considering Jill Stein is an imbecile and her party supports things like herbal remedies and anti-vax you should probably keep that to yourself.
Hey now, I said closest.  Not identical. :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Hey we don't want BA on our side. You saw what happened when he abandoned the Kansas City Royals because they would never win.

But I guess I do have to ask...would you really want somebody as President advancing those kinds of ideas? I mean I presume when you say you would vote for Jill you mean you think we would be best off with her as President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

I'm not a fan of any of the options this time out in all honesty.  I am a big fan of additional viable parties entering the scene though.  As such, I've voted third party in every Presidential election since I turned 18 as well as supporting candidates through their non-Democrat/Republican party affiliations when voting in other elections.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 23, 2016, 01:53:44 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the options this time out in all honesty.  I am a big fan of additional viable parties entering the scene though.  As such, I've voted third party in every Presidential election since I turned 18 as well as supporting candidates through their non-Democrat/Republican party affiliations when voting in other elections.

Ok that's fair. I have certainly been there before. And, as you say, New York doesn't seem like a battleground.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

If I got to chose the president from the people running, I'd definitely pick Gary Johnson. In part because I know his daughter (though not very well) and she is really cool. Also, he has climbed the seven summits and done a sub 11 hour iron man, and that rocks. Also, he was something of a rock climber.

But it is tough for me to vote for him if that could mean Trump is president. I guess my vote is symbolic anyway as Georgia isn't going to be decisive in the election, so do I want to cast a symbolic vote against Trump through a legitimate contender or a zero chance contender that I prefer?  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on July 23, 2016, 08:25:28 PM
If I got to chose the president from the people running, I'd definitely pick Gary Johnson. In part because I know his daughter (though not very well) and she is really cool. Also, he has climbed the seven summits and done a sub 11 hour iron man, and that rocks. Also, he was something of a rock climber.

But it is tough for me to vote for him if that could mean Trump is president. I guess my vote is symbolic anyway as Georgia isn't going to be decisive in the election, so do I want to cast a symbolic vote against Trump through a legitimate contender or a zero chance contender that I prefer?  :hmm:

How about down ballot.

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on July 23, 2016, 08:42:00 PM

How about down ballot.

I might be a bad citizen because I don't know any election I get to vote in except for president.  :(

Probably doesn't matter though. Statewide races are won by republicans, and I think where I live recently got moved from an uber democratic district to an uber republican one. Sometimes there are interesting referenda, though, which I usually vote against on principle. Except for the time I emphatically voted for allowing sunday alcohol sales.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Oexmelin

In this election, do you think the usual qualifications about safe Republican/Democrats districts, states, battlegrounds, still hold? Or do you think Donald Drumpf's candidacy messes things somewhat?
Que le grand cric me croque !