News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My Vacay in pics [pic heavy thread]

Started by Josephus, July 08, 2016, 10:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Here's some pics from my vacation. Can you guess where I was? (the two of you on my FB feed may know already)...I've dropped a few hints, though these pics were taken with Languish in mind. Those who indulge and stick to the end will be rewarded. ;)

PS. Photobucket has become annoying since I last used it.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Richard Hakluyt

Malta is a tremendous place for a holiday  :thumbsup: :cool:

Valmy

QuoteCan you guess where I was?

Let's see...

Sardinia? Cyprus? Crete? Corsica? Majorca? Elba?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

I got it from the second pic, the gateway to the old bit of Mdina if I'm not mistaken. I also have a photo of it somewhere in the archives.

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 08, 2016, 10:44:11 AM
I got it from the second pic

Yes I know I was kidding. Nobody who has played a Paradox game would be unable to identify the flag of Malta :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Oh I knew you were just messing about Valmy, just wanted to brag about recognising the gate  :P

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 08, 2016, 10:44:11 AM
I got it from the second pic, the gateway to the old bit of Mdina if I'm not mistaken. I also have a photo of it somewhere in the archives.

I guessed from the fort but then the letter to the governor of Malta made it very clear. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 08, 2016, 11:03:06 AM
Oh I knew you were just messing about Valmy, just wanted to brag about recognising the gate  :P

yup that's the gate.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Habbaku

How'd you manage the 'reward' pic?  Long zoom-lens?  Ask for permission first?

Got any more?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Josquius

'tis on my list. Looks nice.
Plus boobs.
██████
██████
██████