Pentagon ends ban on transgender troops in military

Started by garbon, June 30, 2016, 03:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on June 30, 2016, 11:50:20 PM
What PT test do they take?

I'm sure they'll eventually dumb it down to the female PT standards, to get rid of the distinction.  "With minimal impact on readiness", of course.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Wow...what's next for America? Child soldiers?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2016, 11:52:11 AM
I'm sure they'll eventually dumb it down to the female PT standards, to get rid of the distinction.  "With minimal impact on readiness", of course.

This strikes me as a strawman. You have insisted this is going on for years and yet I see no evidence of it occurring. Further I do not even see how it is related to this issue.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on July 01, 2016, 12:21:50 PM

Well a large chunk of them already cannot legally drink :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2016, 12:30:19 PM
This strikes me as a strawman.

I was firing from the hip.  But I don't see the strawman.

QuoteYou have insisted this is going on for years and yet I see no evidence of it occurring. Further I do not even see how it is related to this issue.

Lowering physical standards?  It has absolutely happened and is happening.  Airborne school used to be pure hell.  Now it's a joke and anyone can get through.  And the DoD has repeatedly told different service branches (Marines in particular re: infantry officer school) that if it can't come up with a "convincing argument" that the current physical standards are necessary, they must lower them to allow more women to get through.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

LaCroix

Quote from: Jaron on July 01, 2016, 12:21:50 PM

would cause a distraction for soldiers like siege

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2016, 12:46:30 PM
Lowering physical standards?  It has absolutely happened and is happening.  Airborne school used to be pure hell.  Now it's a joke and anyone can get through.  And the DoD has repeatedly told different service branches (Marines in particular re: infantry officer school) that if it can't come up with a "convincing argument" that the current physical standards are necessary, they must lower them to allow more women to get through.

Bullshit. I have been hearing about this basically since the day Obama entered office. But still in 2015 I keep hearing about how 'this is coming' after all the women fail a fitness test for whatever. But hey digging up the physical fitness requirements from the DoD between 2009 and now should be easy enough. Show me the money.

Savonarola

Now Klinger will never get that Section 8 discharge.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.