News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Burkina Faso thread

Started by Maladict, August 27, 2016, 05:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Enquiring minds want to know. I think on the whole it should be allowed to exist, if that's what they want.

Liep

I would think that it's too warm, but each to his or her own.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Hamilcar

I once had the chance to go to Burkina Faso. Didn't go.

Duque de Bragança

Country of the Upright people, according to its current name.

Savonarola

The capital has got a great name, Ouagadougou.  If I was film maker working on a jungle picture that is what the natives would chant as they were boiling the white people in a giant pot.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

Unfortunately, Burkina Faso is more of a tropical savanna country. :( Do we really want another CGI jungle, à la Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull?

As for jungle movies, maybe Uganda. A sequel for "who killed Captain Alex?" , the best Uganda action movie, with groundbreaking CGI!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM

Savonarola

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 27, 2016, 07:43:09 AM
Unfortunately, Burkina Faso is more of a tropical savanna country. :( Do we really want another CGI jungle, à la Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull?

As for jungle movies, maybe Uganda. A sequel for "who killed Captain Alex?" , the best Uganda action movie, with groundbreaking CGI!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM

Kampala!  Kampala!  Kampala!

Yeah, I guess that could work.

Edit:  Although it does have the sort of rhythm of the chant of the missing accountants in this Animaniacs episode:  The Heart of Twilight (rogue accountants at 4:45).
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Archy

mongers

Has this the place that offered James Burke political asylum when the Beeb wouldn't commission his fourth series of connections? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

they used to make some wicked masks there iirc

DGuller

Any news on Diendere?  I haven't heard anything about him since the coup failed.  Hopefully Kabore isn't planning to off him once the world's attention shifts from Burkina Faso.