And we're back!

Main Menu

Pulling teeth

Started by Phillip V, July 01, 2009, 02:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on July 01, 2009, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 01, 2009, 11:45:49 AM
My wife is a medical oddity in that many of her baby teeth never fell out and there was no "adult" teeth underneath them.
You mean baby-baby teeth or childhood teeth?
The former would really be weird...
I think I have a bit of the latter though, or at least I've never lost some of my teeth

People usually have only the two sets, I thought. What's the difference between "baby teeth" and "early childhood teeth"?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on July 01, 2009, 12:15:04 PM

People usually have only the two sets, I thought. What's the difference between "baby teeth" and "early childhood teeth"?
Don't babies have some that they lose at a really early age?
Could be totally misremembering here.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

WTF.

People aren't sharks. They have bebe teeth and man teeth. They don't have seven rows of razor sharp fangs, despite what some of you child haters here would like to believe. <_<
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on July 01, 2009, 03:46:42 PM
They don't have seven rows of razor sharp fangs, despite what some of you child haters here would like to believe. <_<

I saw Carl's recent pics, I don't believe you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 01, 2009, 11:45:49 AM
My wife is a medical oddity in that many of her baby teeth never fell out and there was no "adult" teeth underneath them.
My dad had the opposite problem. he was actually born with teeth, which fell out when he got baby teeth. Must have been hell breast feeding him lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Phillip V

Quote from: HVC on July 01, 2009, 05:41:50 PM
My dad had the opposite problem. he was actually born with teeth, which fell out when he got baby teeth. Must have been hell breast feeding him lol
Was he able to eat regular food from the getgo?

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2009, 03:11:17 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 01, 2009, 02:15:00 AM
My mother painfully pulled out my older siblings' baby teeth for them, but she let me do my own. My half-assed scaredy-cat efforts left me with a deformed smile that led to expensive braces.

What teeth-pulling methods did you use/suffer?

Seriously, this sort of thing should be reserved for professionals.  Every single one of my baby teeth was pulled that way.  The only situation where pulling out your own teeth is acceptable is when you are cast away alone on an island somewhere in the Pacific.
:lol:

Leave it to Mono to fall victim to the racket known as juvenile dentistry.  A lifetime of scrimping and saving, wiped out before it even began.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 07:15:40 PM
My mother painfully pulled out my older siblings' baby teeth for them, but she let me do my own. My half-assed scaredy-cat efforts left me with a deformed smile that led to expensive braces.

Seriously, this sort of thing should be reserved for professionals.  Every single one of my baby teeth was pulled that way.  The only situation where pulling out your own teeth is acceptable is when you are cast away alone on an island somewhere in the Pacific.

Leave it to Mono to fall victim to the racket known as juvenile dentistry.  A lifetime of scrimping and saving, wiped out before it even began.

Who cares.  My parents paid for all that :contract:

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2009, 07:59:21 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 07:15:40 PM

Who cares.  My parents paid for all that :contract:
It means that your savings karma is already shot.  You might as well buy your wife a Rolls-Royce.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Phillip V on July 01, 2009, 06:57:16 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 01, 2009, 05:41:50 PM
Was he able to eat regular food from the getgo?
I would imagine not. His digestive system would be the same as any other infant.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.