News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Watched some of TB's streams. Apparently he invented the plane before discovering sailing, and got nuclear weapons while bypassing chemistry. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Arvoreen

Quote from: Berkut on October 17, 2016, 02:05:12 PM
You don't know my email? Seriously?
Well, I do...but wasn't sure if you were planning on buying :)

Berkut

Quote from: Arvoreen on October 17, 2016, 01:38:40 PM
The 20% off voucher @ WinGameStore worked...and gave me a nice steam key.  Preloading now :)

If you decide to buy through there, send me a message with your email and I will send you a referrer link so I can get some points :)

What voucher though?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Arvoreen

I put it in the email invite to you.  Something like  '20civ6' or such

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Scipio on October 17, 2016, 02:34:48 PM
Does achieving Democracy as a form of government when you are Poland paralyze all production and advancement due to the personal veto of the nobles?

No but if you manage to elect a highly competent government that improves the economy and Poland's foreign policy clout, it gets swept out at the next election and replaced by pack of reactionary, obscurantist zealots.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 17, 2016, 02:27:12 PM
Launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdE0p2joJw

Spoiler alert: Sean Bean dies. :P

Spoiler alert 2: Poland (DLC) confirmed kinda. :P

Neat.  You don't see many games depict the 1960's Polish military maneuvers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Here's a cute little video about music in the game. In short, each civ gets its own theme, and it progresses and evolves across the areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFlxSgOEZrk

This shit is amazing. Firaxis have really outdone themselves this time.  :cool:

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2016, 11:38:25 AM

This shit is amazing. Firaxis Ed and team have really outdone themselves this time.  :cool:

FYP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

That video reminded me that several of my friends at Stanford were in the choir that sang the theme song for Civ 4. My one Indian-American friend was really distressed that my one friend and I played it a lot and that one day we joint nuked India ran by Gandhi. We were cruel. :D -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

The official theme is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDNLToIQ0E

Damn, really liking this. This is the same guy who composed Baba Yetu of Civ IV fame.

Martinus

So, roll call, who is getting the game. It would be cool to set up a Languish PBEM.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2016, 11:38:25 AM
Here's a cute little video about music in the game. In short, each civ gets its own theme, and it progresses and evolves across the areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFlxSgOEZrk

This shit is amazing. Firaxis have really outdone themselves this time.  :cool:

Having Scarborough Fair stuck in my head for days is going to be a high price to pay for playing England.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on October 20, 2016, 09:46:38 AM
The official theme is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDNLToIQ0E

Damn, really liking this. This is the same guy who composed Baba Yetu of Civ IV fame.

The song is called "The Dream of Flying" - the first stanza is apparently the Leonardo da Vinci quote used for discovery of Flight in CiV, in Old Italian: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

This gives me a nerdgasm. :P

Valmy

Ah. I have heard that song many times before but was not aware what its name was.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Arvoreen

I have it pre-loaded and ready to go...but probably won't get a chance to try it till Sunday, since this weekend is my 30th high school reunion. Too much drinking involved to want to try Civ :D