And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

I, for one, am really happy they are steering away from "traditional" Civ leaders for this iteration.  Hopefully the gameplay is significantly changed as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 08, 2016, 02:20:14 PM
I, for one, am really happy they are steering away from "traditional" Civ leaders for this iteration.  Hopefully the gameplay is significantly changed as well.

Well a mix. Some seem to be pretty standard for Civ.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Sure, but the fixed ones seem to be those who are somewhat lacking in iconic figures (see: The Aztecs) in comparison to places like China, Britain, France, etc.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2016, 02:43:31 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 08, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Well a mix. Some seem to be pretty standard for Civ.

Well it'd be pretty hard to topple Adolf Hitler for Germany.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 08, 2016, 02:45:05 PM
Sure, but the fixed ones seem to be those who are somewhat lacking in iconic figures (see: The Aztecs) in comparison to places like China, Britain, France, etc.

China and England both have a leader that was present in Civ 4. Portugal has the same dude from Civ5 unless I'm reading things wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2016, 02:46:22 PM
China and England both have a leader that was present in Civ 4. Portugal has the same dude from Civ5 unless I'm reading things wrong.

Nah, Portugal got Crazy Mary in CIV5.

Martinus

I think he means Brazil. Portugal is not even in Civ6 vanilla.

Solmyr

Scythians first look video. Seems they are the new Mongols/Huns.

Btw, here is a leaked poster with what are likely the different civs and leaders: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg

Maladict

The Brain

Martinus

:lol:

Actually it's queen Jadwiga.

Valmy

Huh. What did she do besides marry some Lithuanian thus creating one of the largest nations in...oh I get it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
Huh. What did she do besides marry some Lithuanian thus creating one of the largest nations in...oh I get it.

She also restored the Krakow University (by selling her own jewelry) and was generally a very colourful individual (her love for the Habsburg prince who was her original bethrothed was a stuff of legend, yet she ended up marrying Jagiello for political reasons).

With characters like Cleopatra, Catherine de Medici and Jadwiga, they are clearly going for personalities over (military) accomplishments, which is fine with me, to be honest.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2016, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2016, 01:56:09 PM

She also restored the Krakow University (by selling her own jewelry) and was generally a very colourful individual (her love for the Habsburg prince who was her original bethrothed was a stuff of legend, yet she ended up marrying Jagiello for political reasons).

With characters like Cleopatra, Catherine de Medici and Jadwiga, they are clearly going for personalities over (military) accomplishments, which is fine with me, to be honest.

I have no problem with it I was just being silly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."