News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 27, 2016, 05:13:40 AM
They should've put Good King Henry IV onto the throne, or Richelieu if they wanted to pursue the whole espionage thing. I'd liked all of the national leader choices up till now, but she is pretty displeasing. As I enjoy France a lot, I put more weight on France having a poor ruler than I would for other civs, so it is quite unfortunate.

I think we all will survive your displeasure.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Mazarin or Richelieu.  They could have the Musketeers as special enemies instead of barbarians.
PDH!

Martinus

Cleopatra and Catherine di Medici are so far my favourite leaders.

PDH

They should really piss off the alt-right people and have all women leaders.  Also, all the modern armies should have female soldier models.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: PDH on July 29, 2016, 05:42:26 PM
They should really piss off the alt-right people and have all women leaders.  Also, all the modern armies should have female soldier models.

Black Athena Talks Back.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

I preordered. :ph34r: -20% discount at GamesPlanet.

Martinus

I am really excited for this game. A number of really cool improvements, and all the new stuff from CiV expansions present in vanilla (and re-developed from ground up, rather than added on later).

My favourite parts so far:
- "unstacking" of cities
- "eureka" moments
- separate trees for technologies and civics
- the governments/civics
- AI agendas

The graphics is also quite cool and very transparent.

Berkut

I am excited because Ed Beach is in charge of actual development.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 26, 2016, 11:36:04 AM
Catherine de Medici as the French leader. I'm betting Ed Beach had a hand in that. Languish should like it. :frog:

:yeah:  I confirmed it straight from Ed that it was his push that got her into the spot.  There was, apparently, some contention in the decision.  Not unlike the rubes here who think she's an unfit choice, for instance.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on August 06, 2016, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 26, 2016, 11:36:04 AM
Catherine de Medici as the French leader. I'm betting Ed Beach had a hand in that. Languish should like it. :frog:

:yeah:  I confirmed it straight from Ed that it was his push that got her into the spot.  There was, apparently, some contention in the decision.  Not unlike the rubes here who think she's an unfit choice, for instance.

Wars of Religion mod incoming?

Josquius

Sounds like continents are particularly important this time and not just generated geography to work with.
England sound quite rubbish. British museum?
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on August 07, 2016, 06:50:33 PM
Sounds like continents are particularly important this time and not just generated geography to work with.
England sound quite rubbish. British museum?

Actually, I very much like England's abilities this time around. They are diverse enough to accomodate different playstyles, but if you want to make use of all of them, you need to play an aggressive imperialist strategy on foreign contintents that allows you to steal a lot of works of art and ancient artifacts in order to win a cultural victory.

Sounds exactly like Victorian era. :P

Martinus

So far I am looking the most to playing as Egypt (but largely because I have always liked the civ). The second tier for me are England, France and China. Not really interested in Aztecs, Japan and Brazil.

The Brain

Who's the Japanese leader?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."